damn governor - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005 Thread Starter

Angry damn governor

Does any of you know how to reset the governor from 117 to not existent because i hit it and i still have plenty of gear left and the car wants to go so much faster please help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
GT Member
V6 Member

get a programming chip that dros your governor off your car completely.

Lee
2012 V6 Ingot Silver MT
2012 V6 Grabber Blue AT
1991 Ford F150
2005 Honda Civic
----------------------------------------------
12v Guru
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
V6 Member

You have to buy a programmer.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanestang
Does any of you know how to reset the governor from 117 to not existent because i hit it and i still have plenty of gear left and the car wants to go so much faster please help
It's set there because your tires are rated at 112. If they allowed the car to go faster than the tires are rated at, you could experience a blowout at 117+ miles per hour, meaning you'd likely be dead.

Before you try to remove the governor, you might want to consider upgrading your tires.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005 Thread Starter

i have already done that i am not an idiot
i have falken zeix z rated tires
so i think it can handle it
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
V6 Member

so..., how would you know what your tires are good for?

i've got goodyear ZR17 Eagles 245/45, dunno what the rating is, so..., how do i figure that out?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005

You have "z rated" speed tires. T Z is the speed rating, the R means radial and the 17 means rim size. 245 is ur tread with in mm and 45 is the aspect ratio of ur side wall height to the tread with. (just incase you wanted to know what everything else ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeOfDoom

i've got goodyear ZR17 Eagles 245/45, dunno what the rating is, so..., how do i figure that out?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeOfDoom

Your tires are rated at 155+ mph.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005
GT Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
It's set there because your tires are rated at 112. If they allowed the car to go faster than the tires are rated at, you could experience a blowout at 117+ miles per hour, meaning you'd likely be dead.

Before you try to remove the governor, you might want to consider upgrading your tires.
i have droped the governer in my car and have gone 120+ mph on regular old tires i didn't seem to have any problem

2002 v6 manual, SSM P&P Heads, Comp Cam from SSM, and some other stuff full list in profile.
214 RWHP, 215 RWTQ :tongue

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so"
-Ronald Reagan
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex117
i have droped the governer in my car and have gone 120+ mph on regular old tires i didn't seem to have any problem
It's all about risk.

:kooky:

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
PONY Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Boy
You have to buy a programmer.
There is no other way to get rid of it?

02 stang, True Dual exhaust, CAI, 4.10 gears, 180 Thermostat, Diablosport tuned, dropped 2", Cross Drilled rotors, Zri Fuzion Tires, GT RSB + more
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
It's all about risk.

:kooky:
EXACTLY. my friend has gone 130 before on the same type of tires, no blowout, but i bet if he had done that in the arizona 105 degree summer heat, it wouldn't have been the same case as when he did it at a cool 60 in winter.

btw, thanks for posting the info, now i know
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmagn13
There is no other way to get rid of it?
Chip or programmer, or someone who'll use his programmer for you . . .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page