What would i need??? - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member

Exclamation What would i need???

I raced my friend with a 92 civic hatch, he has a Integra GS-R motor swap in it, and thats all... He was able to beat my 2002 V6 mustang, with true duel exhaust and CAI... My car is an Auto, where his is a Manual... But i want tobe able to beat him... What else would i need to buy to be able to beat him... Im not wanting to do big ticket items... i could spend like $400-$500... Also i was thinkin about a shift kit... what will it really do for my car? ( my friend was able to beat me by about 1.5 cars...) so he did not kill me... but he only has like 175 HP... I think with my upgrades i have like 210-220?... what do you guys think i need to buy next?

02 stang, True Dual exhaust, CAI, 4.10 gears, 180 Thermostat, Diablosport tuned, dropped 2", Cross Drilled rotors, Zri Fuzion Tires, GT RSB + more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmagn13
I raced my friend with a 92 civic hatch, he has a Integra GS-R motor swap in it, and thats all... He was able to beat my 2002 V6 mustang, with true duel exhaust and CAI... My car is an Auto, where his is a Manual... But i want tobe able to beat him... What else would i need to buy to be able to beat him... Im not wanting to do big ticket items... i could spend like $400-$500... Also i was thinkin about a shift kit... what will it really do for my car? ( my friend was able to beat me by about 1.5 cars...) so he did not kill me... but he only has like 175 HP... I think with my upgrades i have like 210-220?... what do you guys think i need to buy next?
Need to know a couple of things . ..

what are you calling "true dual" exhuast? What's the diameter of the pipes?

What kind of CAI are you using?

What size are your wheels & tires?

How badly did he beat you?

Do you know how to powerbrake? What RPM did you launch?

for your budget, the best bang for your buck is going to be a set of 42% underdrivers from rpmoutlet.com

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmagn13
with your upgrades, you're running anywhere from 180-212

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
GT Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
with your upgrades, you're running anywhere from 180-212
180-212? are u talkin about rear wheel horse power because im pretty sure the 2002's came with 195 hp?

if it were me i would get a superchip and a throttle body spacer. the chip would give you about 15 hp and about 25 lbs/ft of torque. the throttle body spacer dosen't do much for hp only about 5, but it is awsome for throttle response. i dont have alot of experience with shifter kits so i dont know how effective they are.

those gs-r integra's are pretty tough, i raced one before i had my chip and ran about even but he edged his way ahead at the end.

2002 v6 manual, SSM P&P Heads, Comp Cam from SSM, and some other stuff full list in profile.
214 RWHP, 215 RWTQ :tongue

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so"
-Ronald Reagan
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
GT Member
V6 Member

ohh i forgot those two mods will run ya around $350

2002 v6 manual, SSM P&P Heads, Comp Cam from SSM, and some other stuff full list in profile.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so"
-Ronald Reagan
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex117
180-212? are u talkin about rear wheel horse power because im pretty sure the 2002's came with 195 hp?

if it were me i would get a superchip and a throttle body spacer. the chip would give you about 15 hp and about 25 lbs/ft of torque. the throttle body spacer dosen't do much for hp only about 5, but it is awsome for throttle response. i dont have alot of experience with shifter kits so i dont know how effective they are.

those gs-r integra's are pretty tough, i raced one before i had my chip and ran about even but he edged his way ahead at the end.
no, I'm talking at the crank.

You go too big on the exhaust, 2.5"+ you'll lose 12 hp. even with a CAI, that's why it's a 35 hp spread. -Depends on the exhaust.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Are gears a worthwhile upgrade for V6's?

If so, I'd start there. Then maybe a tune for Premium....

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
V6 Member

If you had a manual, you would beat him but I guess that is a mute point. Gears alone would probably give you the edge over his Honda S**tback. That or a quickie 50 shot of NOS from a dry nitrous kit if all you are worried about is beating this guy.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB
Are gears a worthwhile upgrade for V6's?

If so, I'd start there. Then maybe a tune for Premium....
I don't think they're worth the cost and the ongoing mpg cost. 800 dollars for the gears, install & computer reprogram . ..

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:

the t-b spacer won't give you any advantage. You will get a little better throttle response.

GT Member
V6 Member

Quote:
the t-b spacer won't give you any advantage. You will get a little better throttle response.
i think we've debated on this before and all im saying is that i know several people that have installed them on their cars and they noticed alot of difference in performance

-Ronald Reagan
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
i think we've debated on this before and all im saying is that i know several people that have installed them on their cars and they noticed alot of difference in performance
well, if throttle response is considered a big difference, it will certainly "feel" like a big difference, but it's within the realm of error on a dyno. +-3hp.

80 dollars for within error isn't worth it.

A phenolic spacer in the intake manifold costs the same but will get you 9 hp & 9 ft.lbs.

GT Member
V6 Member

Quote:
well, if throttle response is considered a big difference, it will certainly "feel" like a big difference, but it's within the realm of error on a dyno. +-3hp.

80 dollars for within error isn't worth it.

A phenolic spacer in the intake manifold costs the same but will get you 9 hp & 9 ft.lbs.
a phenolic spacer? never heard of it. where can you find one of these and if its in the intake manifold of hard is it to install

-Ronald Reagan
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
a phenolic spacer? never heard of it. where can you find one of these and if its in the intake manifold of hard is it to install
Flex used to sell em, Morana does now.

It's pretty simple, you remove the upper intake manifold, install gasket, install spacer, another gasket, then reinstall the manifold.

I think the optimum spacer is 0.75" but shoot Flex a PM and see if he still has any.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member

I have a 2.25 inch Exhause it comes out of the exhaust manifold and never cross... i has a MAC CIA... now i have dropped the car 2"... not that it will help... but i think im going to go with the pulleys, and maybe a diablo programmer

02 stang, True Dual exhaust, CAI, 4.10 gears, 180 Thermostat, Diablosport tuned, dropped 2", Cross Drilled rotors, Zri Fuzion Tires, GT RSB + more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page