Theft flash - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005 Thread Starter
GT Member

Theft flash

My pony does not like the colder nights . She is harder to start and shift out of park . But now she also flashes one + six on the theft light in the dash . It has done this twice now . The second time the theft light flashed over and over ( fast ) then went to one plus six . Does anybody have a break down of what code 16 is on a theft light ? Thanks for any help !

I was Punxsy Stang before !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxsy Stang
My pony does not like the colder nights . She is harder to start and shift out of park . But now she also flashes one + six on the theft light in the dash . It has done this twice now . The second time the theft light flashed over and over ( fast ) then went to one plus six . Does anybody have a break down of what code 16 is on a theft light ? Thanks for any help !
How many miles?

try running a good fuel system cleaner, and cleaning your MAF. given the age of the car you might need a tune up, spark plug wires, etc.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
RE: Code 16, autozone can tell you the error, I suspect it's related to your startup problems . .

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005 Thread Starter
GT Member

My car has 70K on it . I just changed plugs , wires and cleaned the MAF and installed a CAI at 67 K . It is due for an oil change but that shouldn`t set a code .

If the theft light blinks is it something to do with the PATS system ? Or is it engine . I might have a bad ground some where to . Lights flicker some .

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
My car has 70K on it . I just changed plugs , wires and cleaned the MAF and installed a CAI at 67 K . It is due for an oil change but that shouldn`t set a code .

If the theft light blinks is it something to do with the PATS system ? Or is it engine . I might have a bad ground some where to . Lights flicker some .

Do you have a bunch of stereo equipment?

When you changed the plugs & wires, what kind did you use?

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005 Thread Starter
GT Member

I used ford motor craft plugs . and A high grade set of wires . I only have the factory stereo set up . When ever I refinished the car , I painted it inside and out . I might not have a good ground some wheres . That would cause the lights to flicker . I already had the alt checked and it is fine . But even at that , the car has ran fine all summer . She just don`t like the cold ....

One good thing , My mustang goes on lay up for the winter . I will be parking her soon .

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
I used ford motor craft plugs . and A high grade set of wires . I only have the factory stereo set up . When ever I refinished the car , I painted it inside and out . I might not have a good ground some wheres . That would cause the lights to flicker . I already had the alt checked and it is fine . But even at that , the car has ran fine all summer . She just don`t like the cold ....

One good thing , My mustang goes on lay up for the winter . I will be parking her soon .
Sometimes, if the wires have less resistance than the factory wires, it can throw the computer for a loop.

I did the same thing.

Try disconnecting the computer for 5 mins, and reconnect.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page