Problem with bigger injectors..... - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Well I hope I will have more than 290hp at the end of the story. I have the complete exhaust system and a venom 300 module shipÖÖ But to be honest with I donít care if has 290 hp or more the only thing I care right now is to install the injectors that came with the kit, itís a waste if I donít use them, and right now I have them in my garage listening to our conversation. So I will try to put the comp chip that came with the kit. But after I program I have to change the injectors right away or I can wait a couple of days, or simply program the ship one more time? Thanks

2004 Ford Mustang Cobra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodstang01
Well I hope I will have more than 290hp at the end of the story. I have the complete exhaust system and a venom 300 module shipÖÖ But to be honest with I donít care if has 290 hp or more the only thing I care right now is to install the injectors that came with the kit, itís a waste if I donít use them, and right now I have them in my garage listening to our conversation. So I will try to put the comp chip that came with the kit. But after I program I have to change the injectors right away or I can wait a couple of days, or simply program the ship one more time? Thanks
the venom chip isn't configured for your system, you need to use the diablo chip, with the SC program.

you HAVE to use the 42 lb injectors with the SC unit. Otherwise the engine will blow.

After you have everything installed, including the diablo chip, take it to a dyno shop.

Sell the Venom chip, because you don't need it anymore.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

I was reading the manual and the part regarding to computer ship says the comp is located in the passenger side of the car and I put it for the first time in the driver side. Do I have to connect the comp ship to the main computer of the car or there are other places where I can plug it in? Whatís the exactly location of this device? Thanks.

2004 Ford Mustang Cobra

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

But what the venom does is raise the rpm. Does this damage my engine?

2004 Ford Mustang Cobra
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
But what the venom does is raise the rpm. Does this damage my engine?
it's not doing anything the diablo chip won't do.

Depends on how high you're raising hte redline.

On a stock engine, going over 5500 doesn't get you anything but an abused rotating assembly.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
I was reading the manual and the part regarding to computer ship says the comp is located in the passenger side of the car and I put it for the first time in the driver side. Do I have to connect the comp ship to the main computer of the car or there are other places where I can plug it in? Whatís the exactly location of this device? Thanks.
dude, I don't knw what the venom chip is. It must be one of the cheap chips that fool the computer.

If it does, throw it away, because it can harm your engine.

The computer IS on the passenger side of the car, behind the footwell. There is no other place to plug it in. pull up the floor guard 1st, then you can remove the footwell. everything will become clear then.

V6 Member

The Venom chip is a gimmick that clames a 25% increase in hp (Bulls**t!) It is interfering with your tuner. Ditch it or you are going to continue to have drivability issues.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Well i am so glad you guys help me cuz i havent put the diablo ship on the real comp. But can be possible to have all these at the same time? I mean i dont have any problem with the car .........its fast and everything its working perfect. However i want to put those injectors cuz i dont want to waste them. Thanks one more time.

2004 Ford Mustang Cobra
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Well i am so glad you guys help me cuz i havent put the diablo ship on the real comp. But can be possible to have all these at the same time? I mean i dont have any problem with the car .........its fast and everything its working perfect. However i want to put those injectors cuz i dont want to waste them. Thanks one more time.
NO! it's not possible, and the Venom chip can damage your car.

Get rid of it. Throw it away.

post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

It has a switch to put in on or off when itís off donít do anything so I will keep it off or simply uninstall from my car. I saw the comp already and now I know where is it but can in plug the Diablo run the entire program that I need for the SC and put the injectors after or as soon as I put the Diablo I have to attach the injectors?

2004 Ford Mustang Cobra
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
It has a switch to put in on or off when itís off donít do anything so I will keep it off or simply uninstall from my car. I saw the comp already and now I know where is it but can in plug the Diablo run the entire program that I need for the SC and put the injectors after or as soon as I put the Diablo I have to attach the injectors?
you have to do it all at the same time. injectors, chip, and SC.

post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

See thatís where I am a little bit confused because the supercharge is already in the car, what does not have is the 42lb injectors plus when I connected the Diablo ship I put in driver side under the wheel. Now I donít know if the car still donít know if has a supercharge and thatís why the injectors didnít works for the first time. ???????????????????? Thanks.

2004 Ford Mustang Cobra
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:

See thatís where I am a little bit confused because the supercharge is already in the car, what does not have is the 42lb injectors plus when I connected the Diablo ship I put in driver side under the wheel. Now I donít know if the car still donít know if has a supercharge and thatís why the injectors didnít works for the first time. ???????????????????? Thanks.
The ONLY place the Diablo chip can go is in the passenger well.

the driver side is the venom chip, which you should toss.

The supercharger is under the hood.

post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Yeah the supercharge in under the hood, but what I meant was that maybe the car (the comp inside the car) doesnít know donít recognize the supercharge cuz I havenít put the ship where was suppose to go. Therefore is not tuning well. But I know that thanks to you guys. Lets see what happend tomorrow.........

2004 Ford Mustang Cobra
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Well Ö.. they told me to go IDA auto motor, there they can fix everything and put the d.. Ship so then they can put the injectors. In other words they got me with the ship, the only problem is they charge $85 per hours so I can tell they won work fastÖ.. But thanks everybody I will continue asking more questions about modifications so thanks one more time.

2004 Ford Mustang Cobra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page