V6 Exhaust conversion - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005 Thread Starter

i was lookin at getting either the offroad pipe or catted one on RPMoutlet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7500mj
i was lookin at getting either the offroad pipe or catted one on RPMoutlet.
How much are they on RPMoutlet?

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
How much are they on RPMoutlet?
The uncatted off-road complete pypes x-pipe is $450
O2 sensor simulators are $55 for a pair

The catted version is $550 - so you would save $45 by getting the uncatted version & also the O2 sims. Free shipping helps :laughlitt

I as well am looking to eventually get one of the two systems...

Does anyone know if there is a significant difference in getting the uncatted w/o2 sims Vs. the catted x-pipes? - Besides the legal probs if your mechanic looks under the car while inspecting...

2002 Sonic Blue v6 5-speed
Mods: K&N FIPK2 CAI, Motoblue 42% UDP, Steeda Tri-Ax, next up - time for a new clutch I think and a lightweight flywheel if I can find a relatively inexpensive one...

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by load
The uncatted off-road complete pypes x-pipe is $450
O2 sensor simulators are $55 for a pair

The catted version is $550 - so you would save $45 by getting the uncatted version & also the O2 sims. Free shipping helps :laughlitt

I as well am looking to eventually get one of the two systems...

Does anyone know if there is a significant difference in getting the uncatted w/o2 sims Vs. the catted x-pipes? - Besides the legal probs if your mechanic looks under the car while inspecting...
There is no difference.

you can get a catted x-pipe at spintech for 100 cheaper, and it's a Dr. Gas x-pipe.

go to www.gtrhipo.com

It's actually gone down a bit, it's $399 for the catted x-pipe!

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005 Thread Starter

yeah but i hate the way the the tail pipes on that kit look. Im looking for the good ol 3" stainless tips...i was planning on the off-road X-pipe from RPMoutlet.com-$159......then the MAC 2.5"Cat Back system from lmperformance.com-$284 I suppose that with free shipping the pipes system is probably cheaper but i guess i could cut the tail pipes off and put stainless tips on.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
yeah but i hate the way the the tail pipes on that kit look. Im looking for the good ol 3" stainless tips...i was planning on the off-road X-pipe from RPMoutlet.com-$159......then the MAC 2.5"Cat Back system from lmperformance.com-$284 I suppose that with free shipping the pipes system is probably cheaper but i guess i could cut the tail pipes off and put stainless tips on.
which kit?

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005 Thread Starter

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv6ypcb.htm ....its the kit with the X-pipe and the dual exhaust its got the lip-**** tail pipes..prolly easy enough to cut off and attach tips too tho
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005 Thread Starter

paying 399 for a catted X-pipe is murder again rpmoutlet has got one for289 and an uncatted one for 159...http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv6ngauge.htm

Check with the local muffler shops. I had a full cat-back dual exhaust with Flowmasters, welded h-pipe and 99 GT tip take-offs for $300 (that included labor).

advice for 7500mi

Yea i just got done installing full length exhaust on my 02 v6 mustang

I got mac longtube headers, mac h-pipe with highflow cats, mac dual exhaust. (2.5 pipes)
from the mac h-pipe and back cost me $700 roughly. It was a direst bolt up it comes in section so it is easier to clear over the axles i found the kit at rpmoutlet.com
and it is a great kit i did it myself.
when you make your decision besure you have both muffler and exhaust tip brackets located on the car. and good luck!
Oh! may need O2 exstentions
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
paying 399 for a catted X-pipe is murder again rpmoutlet has got one for289 and an uncatted one for 159...http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv6ngauge.htm
that's not stainless steel, it's aluminized steel. It'll last a couple of years before it rusts off.

you get what you pay for . ..

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
yeah, that's aluminized steel, too.

post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadAStang
Check with the local muffler shops. I had a full cat-back dual exhaust with Flowmasters, welded h-pipe and 99 GT tip take-offs for $300 (that included labor).
The Muffler shop found the parts and put it on or did u find the parts and they installed.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
that's not stainless steel, it's aluminized steel. It'll last a couple of years before it rusts off.

you get what you pay for . ..
Then what is the stock exaust made out of? the only thing that is rusting off id the clamps....and ya maybe itll last a couple of years if u treat ur car like crap..an undercarriage wash and general upkeep itll last as long as i can make it.....kinda like my old honda..rusted to **** when i got it but it lasted 2 years with a back axle that was rust 3/4 the way through hahaha
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Then what is the stock exaust made out of? the only thing that is rusting off id the clamps....and ya maybe itll last a couple of years if u treat ur car like crap..an undercarriage wash and general upkeep itll last as long as i can make it.....kinda like my old honda..rusted to **** when i got it but it lasted 2 years with a back axle that was rust 3/4 the way through hahaha
OEM is stainless steel, and will generally last 10 years before it rusts through . .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page