1994 V6 Mustang.. Help me please - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005 Thread Starter

Question 1994 V6 Mustang.. Help me please

hey everyone whats up... well ya i just got my 1994 V6 Mustang and i was wondering whats the best way i can get some more power out of it with out spending too much money... i am not really sure what my budget on it is at the moment but if some one could write me a list of stuff i could get for my car with the prices and maby some different choices that would really help me

Thanks
ohh and if its easier for you.. you can email it to me at [email protected]

Last edited by xx-cecil-xx; 11-12-2005 at 02:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx-cecil-xx
hey everyone whats up... well ya i just got my 1994 V6 Mustang and i was wondering whats the best way i can get some more power out of it with out spending too much money... i am not really sure what my budget on it is at the moment but if some one could write me a list of stuff i could get for my car with the prices and maby some different choices that would really help me

Thanks
ohh and if its easier for you.. you can email it to me at [email protected]
There's a sticky on the subject, and hit the archives.

basically, go for underdriver pulleys, a drop in filter, and 1.8 Roller Rockers, + dual exhaust.

That'll get you started.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005
V6 Member
S197 Member

It's kind of like asking which computer should I buy, it depends on what you want to do with it. Drag race, road race, custom or? What most interests you, engine, suspension/brakes, transmission/gearing, chassis/body? Where do you want to go and where do you want to start? A good place to begin is by buying every Mustang magazine you can find and reading them cover to cover. This won't help as much with your V6 engine, as articles on V6s are few and far between, but the basics are all the same. You can also try forums like this and v6power.net

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrat
It's kind of like asking which computer should I buy, it depends on what you want to do with it. Drag race, road race, custom or? What most interests you, engine, suspension/brakes, transmission/gearing, chassis/body? Where do you want to go and where do you want to start? A good place to begin is by buying every Mustang magazine you can find and reading them cover to cover. This won't help as much with your V6 engine, as articles on V6s are few and far between, but the basics are all the same. You can also try forums like this and v6power.net
yeah, you really need a budget, a goal, and a plan. You can't really put the plan together until you have the 1st two.

your budget can be $25.00 a month, more or less, but you need to know what you're willing to spend.

It's also important to keep in mind how many miles are on the engine/tranny, etc.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
There's a sticky on the subject, and hit the archives.

basically, go for underdriver pulleys, a drop in filter, and 1.8 Roller Rockers, + dual exhaust.

That'll get you started.
i see... i was reading somewhere that under driver pulleys will affect your stero and some other stuff and also what is a roller rocker could some one explain that stuff to me please.... srry i am really kind of new to this stuff

Also does anyone happen to know how much Horsepower a stock 1994 3.8 V6 mustang has... thnx
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
i see... i was reading somewhere that under driver pulleys will affect your stero and some other stuff and also what is a roller rocker could some one explain that stuff to me please.... srry i am really kind of new to this stuff

Also does anyone happen to know how much Horsepower a stock 1994 3.8 V6 mustang has... thnx
How much stereo equipment do you have?

If you're running a couple of subs, you can always overdrive the alternator.

stock, you have 140-145 hp.

Roller Rockers increase the lift on your valves.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005 Thread Starter

well at the moment i only have a new deck which is like 180 watts(45 x 4) and 2 new front speakers which are 150 watts each and then i am pretty sure they are stock back speakers... but i plan on getting a sub or 2 and a pair of new back speakers so id also be adding an amp... and thnx for the HP amount and also... what exactly does an underdrive pulley do ... i mean i assume it adds more HP but what exactly does it do to the car
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
well at the moment i only have a new deck which is like 180 watts(45 x 4) and 2 new front speakers which are 150 watts each and then i am pretty sure they are stock back speakers... but i plan on getting a sub or 2 and a pair of new back speakers so id also be adding an amp... and thnx for the HP amount and also... what exactly does an underdrive pulley do ... i mean i assume it adds more HP but what exactly does it do to the car
I'm running a professional amp with 42% underdrivers, and I have no charging problems at all. THe head unit is 220 wats with 180 watt speakers all around.

In any case, it's easy to overdrive the alternator, and you'll still net a lot more hp than just about any other mod you do for under $200.

UD pulleys for your car are only 69-89 dollars depending on finishing . ..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page