new to this - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005 Thread Starter

Question new to this

I just bought a 2002 mustang with 22000 km on it and i love it ! the car has an after market exhaust on it ( sorry not sure what kind yet ) and i have been thinking about putting on a cold air intake and a underdrive pulley kit . My question is would i really notice that much of a difference in power by doing just these simple mods ? thanks in advance for all your input .:eyepoppin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005
PONY Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sddunn
I just bought a 2002 mustang with 22000 km on it and i love it ! the car has an after market exhaust on it ( sorry not sure what kind yet ) and i have been thinking about putting on a cold air intake and a underdrive pulley kit . My question is would i really notice that much of a difference in power by doing just these simple mods ? thanks in advance for all your input .:eyepoppin
With the cold air intake you will not really notice the difference, but the pulleys you will... i think you should go with the 42% reduce from RPMoutlet, they are the only ones that have the 42% that i know of

02 stang, True Dual exhaust, CAI, 4.10 gears, 180 Thermostat, Diablosport tuned, dropped 2", Cross Drilled rotors, Zri Fuzion Tires, GT RSB + more
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
ud's will definitely help, a bunch, if you go CAI, go with a DeMolet, JLT, or K&N. Once the metal ones warm up, they ar eno better than a drop-in filter.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005 Thread Starter

i thought that 42% was to much does that still give you enough power to run the alt and ac still ? and thanks for the advice on the cai
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
i thought that 42% was to much does that still give you enough power to run the alt and ac still ? and thanks for the advice on the cai
I'm running everything + a 240 watt head unit and a professional MMATS 4070 amp.

The accessories were built for vehicles as large a Windstar with cooling, sound system + video, ac/dc converter for laptops, etc., etc., etc.,

the Mustang isn't nearly as power intensive. You may have some problems if you decide to have a high output head unit + 2 or more amps and a couple of subs, but you'd still make a LOT more power if you put an overdrive pulley on the alternator with the underdrive pulleys.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005 Thread Starter

do the underdrive pulley kits come with the overdrive pulley for the alt ? and were did you get your kit from
thanks again for all the input
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to Venom810
would this be the pully ? https://www.rpmoutlet.com/ezRetail/s...php?msg_id=786

only one i can find on there that says 42 % , and could someone direct me to the overdive pully for the altenator . gotta have me some thump in the trunk .

2004 4.6 mustang GT - completely stock ATM.

Up for sale !!!!! will deal and talk trades .. PM ME
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom810
would this be the pully ? https://www.rpmoutlet.com/ezRetail/s...php?msg_id=786

only one i can find on there that says 42 % , and could someone direct me to the overdive pully for the altenator . gotta have me some thump in the trunk .
Yep, that's the pulley!

search the archives for an overdrive pulley, -it's offered by ASP.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
do the underdrive pulley kits come with the overdrive pulley for the alt ? and were did you get your kit from
thanks again for all the input
No, you have to get the overdrive separately, it's offered by ASP.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005 Thread Starter

what does it mean it will not work on oem balancer ?you have to remove the balancer no ? thanks again i really appreciate your help
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005 Thread Starter

k i found this one, would this be it or am i looking to get the other set

https://www.rpmoutlet.com/ezRetail/s...hp?msg_id=2119
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
what does it mean it will not work on oem balancer ?you have to remove the balancer no ? thanks again i really appreciate your help
the crank pulley is on the balancer, so you have to pull the balancer for the ud pulley.

The alternator overdrive pulley fits on the alternator.

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
k i found this one, would this be it or am i looking to get the other set

https://www.rpmoutlet.com/ezRetail/s...hp?msg_id=2119
I wouldn't get the water pump pulley if you do a lot of city driving . ..

the reason it's asking for whether or not you want the balancer is dependent on whether or not you already have an ASP 25% underdrive pulley, in which case you only have to unbolt 3 bolts and replace the pulley.

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

https://www.rpmoutlet.com/ezRetail/s...php?msg_id=591

This is what you need.

PONY Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to Venom810
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
Yep, that's the pulley!

search the archives for an overdrive pulley, -it's offered by ASP.
k since thats the right underdrive pulley would this be the overdrive pully i would need for the Alty. https://www.rpmoutlet.com/ezRetail/s...php?msg_id=256 ?? and if it is would i need anything else special ? silencer , serpentine belt ? ect. thanks

2004 4.6 mustang GT - completely stock ATM.

Up for sale !!!!! will deal and talk trades .. PM ME
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page