2000 supercharger swap from a 1990 - Ford Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2005 Thread Starter
 
BBYSVTRVA's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2
 
2000 supercharger swap from a 1990

i got a 2000 3.8 with exhaust nitrous and 373gears im almost out of ideas to do this car i can out run stock 98 and below 4.6 and side by side with stock 5.0's but im wondering if the super charger kit off a 1990 Ford Thunderbird SuperCoupe will directly bolt on and work properly or will i need to swap engines from the 90 super coupe and if this swap will work whats a list of all the parts i need to complete this swap. any info is help full..........by the way so far i have goten 7.9 consistantly in the 8th here in va with this setup so far... soo im lookin for BETTER

BBYSVTRVA is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005
V6 Member
 
Monkey Boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,579
 
It won't fit the 2000 heads unless you have a custom adapter made.

Monkey Boy is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBYSVTRVA
i got a 2000 3.8 with exhaust nitrous and 373gears im almost out of ideas to do this car i can out run stock 98 and below 4.6 and side by side with stock 5.0's but im wondering if the super charger kit off a 1990 Ford Thunderbird SuperCoupe will directly bolt on and work properly or will i need to swap engines from the 90 super coupe and if this swap will work whats a list of all the parts i need to complete this swap. any info is help full..........by the way so far i have goten 7.9 consistantly in the 8th here in va with this setup so far... soo im lookin for BETTER
If you haven't already, you should pick up a 42% underdriver from www.rpmoutlet.com and 1.8 Roller Rockers from www.rpm-mustangs.com or swap out your cam for more performance.

you're going to need the heads, intake, etc from the SC, and even then, you've got 220 hp stock. You can get close to those numbers with a naturally aspirated 1999+ engine with a lot less work.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005 Thread Starter
 
BBYSVTRVA's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2
 
ok well since i have done alot of reearch on cams heads and upper and lower intakes i am wonderin the process of seapping in a carb 5.0 motor i know it will bolt up t othe tranny and **** like that but will it bolt in my chassis and how will i get rid of the ecu and wire the new 5.0 carb engine up to start by the key????? i dont want to invest in another car this is y i am curious i can beat gts as is now but i want more raw power and better sound to. so if any 1 has any input on if a older 5.0 carburator motor will bolt up and wire up to this chassis!!!! or if i can buy me a 5.0 running car that runs and drives
BBYSVTRVA is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBYSVTRVA
ok well since i have done alot of reearch on cams heads and upper and lower intakes i am wonderin the process of seapping in a carb 5.0 motor i know it will bolt up t othe tranny and **** like that but will it bolt in my chassis and how will i get rid of the ecu and wire the new 5.0 carb engine up to start by the key????? i dont want to invest in another car this is y i am curious i can beat gts as is now but i want more raw power and better sound to. so if any 1 has any input on if a older 5.0 carburator motor will bolt up and wire up to this chassis!!!! or if i can buy me a 5.0 running car that runs and drives
It'll cost you at least $2000 to get get teh electronics & anti-theft stuff to work with that combination. + you'll have to get new exhaust parts, k-member (I'm pretty sure), a new rear-end, struts & springs.

Running a carbed engine may be illegal in your state, you you'll want to check that out as well.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005
V6 Member
 
Monkey Boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,579
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
It'll cost you at least $2000 to get get teh electronics & anti-theft stuff to work with that combination. + you'll have to get new exhaust parts, k-member (I'm pretty sure), a new rear-end, struts & springs.

Running a carbed engine may be illegal in your state, you you'll want to check that out as well.
If he's going with a carb setup, he can just bypass all of the anti theft stuff. He doesn't need the computer anymore so he can just wire around it.
Monkey Boy is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Boy
If he's going with a carb setup, he can just bypass all of the anti theft stuff. He doesn't need the computer anymore so he can just wire around it.
Can't bypass PATS, I know of a few people who've tried!

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear End swap: 2000 GT 8.8 solid (Convertible)/ Cobra IRS TarPony Mustang Tech 0 07-19-2003 07:24 AM
supercharger or PI head swap BIGTONE 4.6L Tech 9 05-25-2003 04:51 AM
2000 Saleen Mustang ATI Supercharger Questions 2000 SALEEN 4.6L Tech 1 04-23-2003 08:53 AM
Questions about T-Bird Supercharger swap. stangmanok V6 Tech 5 12-03-2002 11:04 PM
Is 1982 5.0 Engine Swap into 2000 V6 possible and if so, what would be involved? MustangGuyChuck 5.0L Tech 6 09-24-2002 04:54 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1