04 Radio Mod Help - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2005 Thread Starter
Rookie

04 Radio Mod Help

i know this type of question is all over the place here...and ive just searched for well ver an hour for an answer...to no avail.

i planned to mount my ipod into my center console using the 2nd pwr adapter and a homemade bracket to keep it in there. i drill a hole under the console and ran RCA wires through to the passenger side- i bought an OEM adapter that the RCAs hook into...and then the adapter hooks into the factory radio. im going to mount that adapter in the upper left area underneath the gloe compartment.

hard stuff out of the way...

how in the hell do i get to my factory stereo? everything i see on here requires DIN tools... but my stereo does not have the holes on the two sides... i looked all under for any fasteners, or anything...to no avail.

sorry if this has been answered before...but any help would be very appreciated.

Christopher Lands
Brick Twp, NJ

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005

Thumbs up 04 radio removal - simple

first if its an automatic, put on the hand brake and put the gearshift in drive or 2. start at the square corner of the plastic surronding the shifter. Pull up gently, will come off easy. Now start at the bottom of the plastic piece where the rear defog & trac buttons are, again pull gently starting at the bottom and move upward. All these will pop right out. Disconnect the wires on the back of the defog & trac buttons by pressing in the small triggers.
the radio should have a couple of screws on each corner, take those out and the radio can be slid out....good luck
SULLY

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005

why dont you just use the fm transmitter that ipod sells ? no wiring just tune your radio to a set channel and you have everything at your fingertips ?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005 Thread Starter
Rookie

thank you so much...i never found any info like that anywhere, seems so simple.
never thought to look in that spot though.

im not a fan of the transmitters. i dont like the way they sound and it seems like around here they need to be changed every so often.

Christopher Lands
Brick Twp, NJ

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005

04' Mach 460 AUX-IN P.I.E Adapter Install

Hi i have just completed this on my car start by disconnecting the negetive battery terminal and leave the car unlocked beforehand. Start by putting the E-brake on and putting the auto shifter into 2 so it is out of the way pry out the shifter bezel becarefull not to damaged the plastic clip in the center. Disconnect the cig lighter socket it is attached by a small orange connector which has a small button to disconnect it. Then start by removing the ac/radio bezel pry it out with a flat head dull screwdriver and then yank the rest by hand. Next disconnect the trac, rear defrost, fog light switches they all have a small button on the back of them if you press the trigger in the connect slides out after this pull the bezel out completely. The head unit has two screws use a magnetic screw driver because you dont want the screws to fall into the shifter area which is hard to reach in. after removing the head unit plug in your aux-in and then reconnect your head unit. you can now reverse the steps you took to remove everything and finish by connectng the battery and testing everything. BTW i had the aux-in adapter placed inside the center console using velco double sided tape and had the rca cable come out to my XM radio.

Hope it helps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page