manual tranny or clutch problem? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLiPpY
no sway bar, but really?? just cuz its new tires they're doing this?

edit: and the turning skips are getting worse.. i dunno, if it is what ur sayin it is what can i do to fix it?
did you change the wheels too?

I can't figure out why it would do it going forward, -unless!!

Hey did you check your lug nuts?

I went to a shop that for got to tighten them, and going around a corner the thing wheel would slap against the hub.

Took me forever to figure out what was happening.

Check your lug nuts immediately!!!

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

its in the shop right now for 36k mile service.. im really curious to see what was wrong

the rear axle completely exploded. they said that when they took apart the rear end, bits of metal came pouring out, and that it was shattered, and the banging and knocking was the grinding and popping of the metal in the axle.

Any idea how this happened?

post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
the rear axle completely exploded. they said that when they took apart the rear end, bits of metal came pouring out, and that it was shattered, and the banging and knocking was the grinding and popping of the metal in the axle.

Any idea how this happened?
No idea what would cause that....short of extreme wear and tear. Could it be a defect somewhere in one of the gears?

I hope my car won't have the same fate

2002 Sonic Blue v6 5-speed
Mods: K&N FIPK2 CAI, Motoblue 42% UDP, Steeda Tri-Ax, next up - time for a new clutch I think and a lightweight flywheel if I can find a relatively inexpensive one...

not even dropping it out of neutral? like going into neutral then redlining and dropping into drive?
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
not even dropping it out of neutral? like going into neutral then redlining and dropping into drive?

oooooh, that's bad. but your tranny would go before your rear end.

Did you ever change your diff fluid?

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

no i dont think so :P but it was a used car, and its automatic, i dunno they're putting in a new axle, and its no more neutral drops for me... damn, and i like burning out.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
no i dont think so :P but it was a used car, and its automatic, i dunno they're putting in a new axle, and its no more neutral drops for me... damn, and i like burning out.
you've never heard of powerbraking?

what the two foot thing? one foot brake one foot rev then let go brake at redline?
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
what the two foot thing? one foot brake one foot rev then let go brake at redline?
yeah, but the proper way to do a burnout in an auto, is to floor it with the brakes on.

You won't have the tranny hitting the concrete taht way . ..

post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Well, I made an appointment for tomorrow at my local Ford Dealership.

The guy whom I talked to said it sounded like the synchro's were messed up or something...but he didn't think it would be related to the engine almost stalling sometimes while coming to a stop.

So they're going to check out everything and let me know what's up tomorrow

By the way...what exactly do the synchro's do?

Mods: K&N FIPK2 CAI, Motoblue 42% UDP, Steeda Tri-Ax, next up - time for a new clutch I think and a lightweight flywheel if I can find a relatively inexpensive one...
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by load
Well, I made an appointment for tomorrow at my local Ford Dealership.

The guy whom I talked to said it sounded like the synchro's were messed up or something...but he didn't think it would be related to the engine almost stalling sometimes while coming to a stop.

So they're going to check out everything and let me know what's up tomorrow

By the way...what exactly do the synchro's do?
they synchronize the gears.

post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
they synchronize the gears.
Are they controlled by the computer, or manually adjusted by tearing the tranny apart?
Id just like to get an idea on how much this would cost to fix. The guy didn't elaborate very much - just told me how much it would cost for a diagnostic.

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by load
Are they controlled by the computer, or manually adjusted by tearing the tranny apart?
Id just like to get an idea on how much this would cost to fix. The guy didn't elaborate very much - just told me how much it would cost for a diagnostic.
The computer doesn't control any shifting, except in automatics, it's a mechanical process, but replacing the synchros don't usually require tearing the entire transmission apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
yeah, but the proper way to do a burnout in an auto, is to floor it with the brakes on.

You won't have the tranny hitting the concrete taht way . ..
how can u move, or have the rear wheels move with the brakes on.

and u mean the foot brake not the e brake right

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page