curb check right rim - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005 Thread Starter

curb check right rim

It just started snowing on my way to the store and took a left in to parking lot and my mustang didnt want to turn it hit realy hard and i need a new rim but she pulls to the right now and when the weels are straght the tires are supose to tuck under the fender about a half inch and the pasenger side now is almost flush with the fender. any ideas what may be bent or mangled.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang01
It just started snowing on my way to the store and took a left in to parking lot and my mustang didnt want to turn it hit realy hard and i need a new rim but she pulls to the right now and when the weels are straght the tires are supose to tuck under the fender about a half inch and the pasenger side now is almost flush with the fender. any ideas what may be bent or mangled.

sounds like a control arm . . . & maybe a tie rod. How fast were you going?

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005

i had a similar problem but i guess in a crazier incident. I hit the wall on central expressway probably doing around 55 mph after sliding with the brakes on( i wasnt on ice, it was damp roads) anyways it totally cracked my rim with a 7 inch crack along the circumfrence. I Had a bent strut, which i think i would check first before control arm cause aparently i was told the strut would go before the Control arm.iwas it a frointal impact or more of a side impact my was mainly pressure from the side.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005 Thread Starter

only going 10 mph if that when it hit can any one find a rim or a set of 4 cant find this type where i live the part num is 3375 A
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang01
only going 10 mph if that when it hit can any one find a rim or a set of 4 cant find this type where i live the part num is 3375 A

ebay's the best place.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via MSN to wayne94mustang
my car was hit on the right side before i bought it and it had a pull to the left. a new k-member fixed it right up

94 gt aode baumannator,pi stallion 3000 stall,transgo,mega bite jrs,3.90 gears,31 spine moser axles,comp exteme,1.7 roller rockers,190 pump,mac cold air,ford 1 5/8 unequals, off road h,flowmaster 2 chamber with stainless tails,msd box,PIH(a9p computer ajustable fan controler),q1a k-member,kenny brown frame ties,driveshaft loop,air pump eliminator kit,bbk 70mm tb,pro-m bullit meter,24#injecters,ported heads&intake,and all the little bolt ons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page