Best fitting System? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005 Thread Starter
V6 Member

Best fitting System?

I went to a few local muffler shops, and asked how much it would be for them to install a dual exhaust system that i brought them. All of them said it would depend on how well the system fits. My question is, which brand exhaust system fits the 3.8L V6 Mustangs the most like a glove? Also, one muffler shop said that leaving the y-pipe, then splitting would cause a problem because the y-pipe would rub the axle if i hit a hard bump. Is that true at all? Also, what is the most trustable and cheapest online site to get a stainless steel system?

Last edited by jrspony; 12-08-2005 at 10:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrspony
I went to a few local muffler shops, and asked how much it would be for them to install a dual exhaust system that i brought them. All of them said it would depend on how well the system fits. My question is, which brand exhaust system fits the 3.8L V6 Mustangs the most like a glove? Also, one muffler shop said that leaving the y-pipe, then splitting would cause a problem because the y-pipe would rub the axle if i hit a hard bump. Is that true at all? Also, what is the most trustable and cheapest online site to get a stainless steel system?
run through the tech, there are so many exhaust threads . . . seems like 2 a week . . .

there's no way a y/pipe would hit an axle.

the best systems come from:

bassani
Spintech
Borla
flowmaster
dynomax

and MAC

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005 Thread Starter
V6 Member

How long do you think an aluminized system will last in the South? Has anybody been doing good so far with an aluminized system?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
How long do you think an aluminized system will last in the South? Has anybody been doing good so far with an aluminized system?
It generally rusts from the inside out, the exhaust gasses and water will kill the pipes. It depends on how much you drive.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005 Thread Starter
V6 Member

With so many mods, y don't you have dual-exhaust yet Kscoyote?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
With so many mods, y don't you have dual-exhaust yet Kscoyote?
bang for buck is low. I'd do 1.8RRs and a Predator before I went to Dual exhaust . ..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page