supercharging a stock 04 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member

supercharging a stock 04

i have a buddy that is planning on getting a 04' v6 and he doesnt want to do exhaust, intake, etc. he just wants to supercharge it. i have heard of there being issues with superchargers on the 04's so i figured i'd ask around and make sure he doesnt do something stupid.
Thanks for the help

2002 v6 manual, SSM P&P Heads, Comp Cam from SSM, and some other stuff full list in profile.
214 RWHP, 215 RWTQ :tongue

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so"
-Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex117
i have a buddy that is planning on getting a 04' v6 and he doesnt want to do exhaust, intake, etc. he just wants to supercharge it. i have heard of there being issues with superchargers on the 04's so i figured i'd ask around and make sure he doesnt do something stupid.
Thanks for the help
I haven't heard of any issues . ..

You don't need an intake, unless it's an eaton.

he'll get more hp with dual exhaust, but he'll have plenty of time to do that.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member

oh i know he'll get more hp if he does dual exhaust but he wants the street sleeper look. anyways somewhere i heard that the reeds 3.9 couldnt handle a supercharger and that they would need to be replaced

2002 v6 manual, SSM P&P Heads, Comp Cam from SSM, and some other stuff full list in profile.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so"
-Ronald Reagan

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
oh i know he'll get more hp if he does dual exhaust but he wants the street sleeper look. anyways somewhere i heard that the reeds 3.9 couldnt handle a supercharger and that they would need to be replaced
That's nuts. It's the same dang engine.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member

are you sure? i was positive that they had changed the v6 for the 04, nothing big like the block but some little changes

-Ronald Reagan
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
are you sure? i was positive that they had changed the v6 for the 04, nothing big like the block but some little changes
Just the Bore size.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005
V6 Member

Whoever told you that there are problems supercharging an 04 is retarded.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member

well then i guess i'll have to tell him that there're no problems thanks for the help

-Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in