95 3.8 lt v.6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005 Thread Starter

Question 95 3.8 lt v.6

ok so here goes lol i have a 95 mustang bought used a month after i bought both heads blew at the same time... before anyone says BOTH yes both lol
That has been fixed..... i have had the car around a year and half now... since i have had it i have put brand new fuel injectors in new spark plugs brakes new muffler system.. some smallother things also as well tends to get exspensive i know have a transmission leak that first startied off small maybe the size of a quarter when sits all day and now leaks a good bit ... Any ideas what this might be????? maybe just a seal??? it doesn't skip or have trouble goig in gear and i make sure the transmission fluied is where should be so its not low.... if might be a seal how much think might cost to have replaced?????????????

Also how can you tell if your oxygen sensors ae bad?????? i bought 2 new ones becasue i go a good deal on them but hate to replace any of mine if they are still good....... i am asking because i can't get my car to pass emissions... i did have check engine light on until i replaced full injectors and it went off so technically what else could be making it not pass????? has anyone else had this problem or might could help?????????? Thank u

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95mustang lover
ok so here goes lol i have a 95 mustang bought used a month after i bought both heads blew at the same time... before anyone says BOTH yes both lol
That has been fixed..... i have had the car around a year and half now... since i have had it i have put brand new fuel injectors in new spark plugs brakes new muffler system.. some smallother things also as well tends to get exspensive i know have a transmission leak that first startied off small maybe the size of a quarter when sits all day and now leaks a good bit ... Any ideas what this might be????? maybe just a seal??? it doesn't skip or have trouble goig in gear and i make sure the transmission fluied is where should be so its not low.... if might be a seal how much think might cost to have replaced?????????????

Also how can you tell if your oxygen sensors ae bad?????? i bought 2 new ones becasue i go a good deal on them but hate to replace any of mine if they are still good....... i am asking because i can't get my car to pass emissions... i did have check engine light on until i replaced full injectors and it went off so technically what else could be making it not pass????? has anyone else had this problem or might could help?????????? Thank u
It's probably a rear seal.

How many miles on the car?

Have you been using synthetic?

You might be getting some blow by, or your substrate's gone in your cats. For the blow-by, throw in a can of Restore . . .

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005 Thread Starter

Smile

I have 15600 miles on car and haven't been using synthetic should i be???? i can get the can of stuff your talking about at any autoparts store???????

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
I have 15600 miles on car and haven't been using synthetic should i be???? i can get the can of stuff your talking about at any autoparts store???????

yeah, at a minimum you should have used the motorcraft sythetic blend.

That's why car's engines last so much longer now -it's almost 100% due to synthetic fluids . . .

Restore has been available at everyplace I've seen, including WalMart . . .

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005 Thread Starter

Smile

if i get fluids checked and done they use synthetic right????? caus eif so then i would say probably have used that then.. i try to be really careful about what i use or put in or one my car and i also only use the highoctane gas as well
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
if i get fluids checked and done they use synthetic right????? caus eif so then i would say probably have used that then.. i try to be really careful about what i use or put in or one my car and i also only use the highoctane gas as well
Where did you take it for service?

The octane doesn't matter.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page