94 V6 Mustang. Desperately seeking help... - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006 Thread Starter

94 V6 Mustang. Desperately seeking help...

Hello:
I just replaced the radiator. The car still ran hot. Replaced the thermostate, still running hot and the heater is now not blowing hot air.. What's up with this? Please help... Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006
GT Member
V6 Member

sounds like a head gasket has gone bad. Check the oil if it is milky then your head gasket need to be replaced on your car.

Lee
2012 V6 Ingot Silver MT
2012 V6 Grabber Blue AT
1991 Ford F150
2005 Honda Civic
----------------------------------------------
12v Guru
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcurle
sounds like a head gasket has gone bad. Check the oil if it is milky then your head gasket need to be replaced on your car.
yeah, and your heater core.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006 Thread Starter

Oil is clear. Now what?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessamarie
Oil is clear. Now what?
It's probably your heater core.

you can bypass it if you live in a warm climate.

Replacing it ia a PITA, if you have a shop do it, it'll be expensive (especially for such a small relatively cheap part -it's all labor!)

Before taking the job on, you should get it checked out, in any case. no use spending money on parts you don't need.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006 Thread Starter

Yeah but the car overheats even if the engine is cold, after travelling a couple of miles. Would the heater core do this?
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006

Are you sure you installed the thermostat correctly? Is the cooling fan kicking on? If your car is overheating and the heater is blowing cold air, then your thermostat is not opening up to circulate the cooling fluid once the engine is hot. Your problem is not with the heater core. Did you do a complete flush and fill?

Good luck.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006 Thread Starter

Hello: Thanks for the info. I took the car to a garage to get the thermostate installed. I guess I will have to take it back. Thanks for your help...
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessamarie
Yeah but the car overheats even if the engine is cold, after travelling a couple of miles. Would the heater core do this?

If it's blocked, TOTALLY.

No fluid would be getting back to the radiator.

MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I think the engine would be dead by now if it was the head gaskets. - is there a lot of condensation flowing out the exhaust? (I.E White Smoke) if not - prolly not gaskets but check to see if they were replaced anyhow.

Sometimes the tranny could be a factor to heat not coming out of vent.

-if shop installed Thermo then I wouldn't worry that being the issue. Although there are slip ups. however check the rubber pipes leading from the Radiator to the Thermo, it should have pressure. oh wait... wow it's been awhile. I think it should be squeezeable? god damn I forget now I feel like running to my car and checking quick but it's 4am lol - someone help me here.

Who replaced the radiator?

Heating core? don't know a lot on it.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

If you take it back, they should give you free labor, AT LEAST. you've already spent a ton of money and not had results.

If they don't give you the labor back, consider going to small claims court to get your money back, and take the car to a Ford Dealer.

GT Member

Is all of the air out of the cooling system ? Maybe it just needs the air blead out . If their is a air pocket in the system it will cause the car to over heat as well . Just loosen the bleader nut and run the car . When no more air bubbles comes out it should be fine . good luck .

I was Punxsy Stang before !
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxsy Stang
Is all of the air out of the cooling system ? Maybe it just needs the air blead out . If their is a air pocket in the system it will cause the car to over heat as well . Just loosen the bleader nut and run the car . When no more air bubbles comes out it should be fine . good luck .
yeah, hadn't thought of that. That gave Dewd fits for months.

Rookie

i could be wrong but im pretty sure that even if the theromstat is closed the coolant should be getting to the heater core other wise major pressure would be building up in a system that doesnt allow any flow yet the water pump us pumping especially when you first start driving and it hasnt open up and you are going say 35mph. also another way to just check to see if the themostat is working right you should notice flow in the radiator once the car gets up to normal running temp.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks05
i could be wrong but im pretty sure that even if the theromstat is closed the coolant should be getting to the heater core other wise major pressure would be building up in a system that doesnt allow any flow yet the water pump us pumping especially when you first start driving and it hasnt open up and you are going say 35mph. also another way to just check to see if the themostat is working right you should notice flow in the radiator once the car gets up to normal running temp.
If it was installed wrongly, it can impede flow, without cutting it off, the effect is still the same.
the air bubble can get picked back up by the system at random intervals.

Eventually though, something will have to give.

Last edited by kscoyote; 01-12-2006 at 12:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page