Mustang Noobie - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006 Thread Starter

Mustang Noobie

Hello i just recently joined and i just bought my first Mustang. Its a 2002 3.8 V6 and already has dual exhaust. I dont know what kind but i would like to find out, is there any way for me to find out? Also i would like to know what are some quick HP gains that i can get. I am no mechanic and like i said this is my first stang and i love it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsharp
Hello i just recently joined and i just bought my first Mustang. Its a 2002 3.8 V6 and already has dual exhaust. I dont know what kind but i would like to find out, is there any way for me to find out? Also i would like to know what are some quick HP gains that i can get. I am no mechanic and like i said this is my first stang and i love it.
HArd to say, but sometimes, if you look at the tail pipe there's an engraving. Anything else would probably have burned off.

If you can get a shot of the mufflers, we could probably say.

The easiest methods are a K&N drop in filter at teh very least, or a K&N FIPK II, or Demolet Cold Air kit, and 42% underdrivers.

Go to the V6Tech section, and you'll find a bunch of stuff.

You should get a rear sway bar from a GT at the very least, and throw on a set of SubFrame connectors.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006
Rookie

quick and easy things would be CAI, UDP, and SCT Xcal 2.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks05
quick and easy things would be CAI, UDP, and SCT Xcal 2.

You're not gonna get much out of a tuner, unless you're gonna go more radical, and there are other options that don't require you to use 91+ octane. $400 for 12-15 is pretty expensive . ..

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006
Rookie

i got mine brand new $300 shipped 2nd day
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
i got mine brand new $300 shipped 2nd day
$300 (which is a very good price) is STILL a lot, when you can get 1.8RRs for $50 cheaper.

you can pick up a cam, which is $40 cheaper, and still run 87 octane, you can pick up a spacer for $90, or make one yourself for 20 dollars worth of materials AND the above mods, and still run 87.

I wouldn't do the power programmers unless you're planning a power adder or a pretty radical cam.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006
Rookie

yeah but im getting ready to swap on a splitport setup with a cam all p&p with a bigger TB
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
yeah but im getting ready to swap on a splitport setup with a cam all p&p with a bigger TB

oh, ok, you've got a pre99 then?

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006
Rookie

yep and mik at rpm-mustangs.com is helping me out already getting the parts in
Apprentice
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
yep and mik at rpm-mustangs.com is helping me out already getting the parts in
He is a great guy to work with

1998 V6
1987 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in