All about NoS - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006 Thread Starter

All about NoS

Ok So i got a series of questions about Nitrous Set ups. I am looking for information about the Safest and most efficient Nitrous kits available. 99' v6 3.8l pretty much stock except a drop in K&N. I want a kit that is going to be safe on my stock motor, no blow ups i have no waranty lol. Should it be wet or dry?? Whats the safest Kit/brand available for me. Also whats the expected cost of this system AND the tune.... which was my next question.... I guess im looking for like a 75 - 100 hp system unless anyone has any safer suggestions nd if i do add that much will i need a tune. Also what other things are safe to include like will i need a bottle warmer, purge kit etc etc?? Anyone let me know whats up ? Approx. Cost and all that

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006 Thread Starter

This is what i dont want... http://media.putfile.com/Z06

Any help I see views but no replys.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006

OK.....

I don't have a v6 mustang but know a bit about nitrous.

First off you need to decide if you want a wet or dry kit. With a dry kit you run the risk of running lean from not having enoug fuel.With a wet kit you run the risk of puddling the intake if you spray too low in thr rpms. Personally I like wet kits only because you get
fuel and nitrous injected to make sure you get enough fuel. But if you are going with a small shot I suggest a dry kit. It's all up to you though.

It's all on you and your supporting mods.
I suggest you start out with a 50 shot and then go up with a 75 shot.I don't think you should go 100 shot because you may run too lean.

The things you will need to ensure safety are
colder spark plugs,bigger fuel pump,decrease timing and don't forget 93 octane gas is a must! It's best to put it on a dyno to see if you are running lean or not too.A tune is also good.

I also recomend a WOT switch and a window switch for added safety.

If you do it right nitrous can be a safe power adder.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006 Thread Starter

Sorry if the original post seems jumbled up. I was on pain killers and muscle relaxors when i typed it. Hurt my back at work . Anyways anyone else have any thoughts or ideas ?? And a Question... wouldnt a wet kit be more ceceptable for backfire/blowup than a dry kit ?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99'StangTx
And a Question... wouldnt a wet kit be more ceceptable for backfire/blowup than a dry kit ?
If you spray too low in the rpm's or hit the rev limiter that is when you will get a backfire
and could cause damage.

Spray above 3 grand and you should be fine. To make sure you don't hit the rev limiter get a window switch and with that you can set up what rpm range you want it to start spraying and when to stop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page