Gears - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
ueah gear whine.

You have to be able to disassemble the rear end every 30,000 miles or so, take the unit apart and put new clutch plates in. So every 30,000 miles you've got to pay for a reinstall+ the costs of rebuilding the t-lok.
how much more expensive is the detroit locker and where can i find that one? ive looked but all i can find is the FR one. why is it that u have to rebuild it? just seems dumb for them to make one that has to be rebuilt all the time...every 30,000 miles isnt bad though, i dont even know if ill have the car that much longer so it might be worth it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red99Stang
how much more expensive is the detroit locker and where can i find that one? ive looked but all i can find is the FR one. why is it that u have to rebuild it? just seems dumb for them to make one that has to be rebuilt all the time...every 30,000 miles isnt bad though, i dont even know if ill have the car that much longer so it might be worth it.
The clutch plates wear out.

you looked in the archives?

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

http://www.detroitlocker.com/newprod.htm
Ford 7.5
• For axles 1983 to present
• 28 spline
• Fits C-clip axles
• All ratios
• Detroit Truetrac
Model# 912A316
http://www.tractech.com/Products.htm#slip

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...Detroit+Locker

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member

Quote:
http://www.detroitlocker.com/newprod.htm
Ford 7.5
• For axles 1983 to present
• 28 spline
• Fits C-clip axles
• All ratios
• Detroit Truetrac
Model# 912A316
http://www.tractech.com/Products.htm#slip

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...Detroit+Locker
OK i looked at the locker and it looks good, but can u order off of that website? i couldnt find any place to place an order so does that mean i hvae to find a dealer or am i just an idiot? and idk what im supposed to be looking at on the tratech.com site. is the same locker on there?
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
OK i looked at the locker and it looks good, but can u order off of that website? i couldnt find any place to place an order so does that mean i hvae to find a dealer or am i just an idiot? and idk what im supposed to be looking at on the tratech.com site. is the same locker on there?
I don't think they sell direct to consumer. Call 'em up and get #s of distributors, then try a froogle search.

post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member

Quote:
I don't think they sell direct to consumer. Call 'em up and get #s of distributors, then try a froogle search.
Alright I'll do that once i get enough money. you have any guess as to what the price of the locker will be? where do i get the programmer and which one should i get?
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Alright I'll do that once i get enough money. you have any guess as to what the price of the locker will be? where do i get the programmer and which one should i get?

Go back to the beginning. Check out e-bay.

DiabloSport, SCT, Hypertech, are fine.

GT Member
V6 Member

try here for detroit lockers: http://www.reiderracing.com/home.htm

For shops:

Pro Motor Sports
(316) 838-7227
5607 N Broadway St
Wichita, KS 67219

Duane Saum Engineering
(316) 267-1818
622 E Waterman St
Wichita, KS 67202

Hall's Speed Shop Supply Inc
(316) 262-5154
1205 E Lincoln St
Wichita, KS 67211

Lee
2012 V6 Ingot Silver MT
2012 V6 Grabber Blue AT
1991 Ford F150
2005 Honda Civic
----------------------------------------------
12v Guru
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcurle
try here for detroit lockers: http://www.reiderracing.com/home.htm

For shops:

Pro Motor Sports
(316) 838-7227
5607 N Broadway St
Wichita, KS 67219

Duane Saum Engineering
(316) 267-1818
622 E Waterman St
Wichita, KS 67202

Hall's Speed Shop Supply Inc
(316) 262-5154
1205 E Lincoln St
Wichita, KS 67211
Alright I checked out that sight and i can only find a locker for a Ford that is for an 8.5" and i thought that was only GT's. Am i right? and u think those shops are good for install. I called a dealer (Rusty Eck Ford) and the guy gave me some estimates -- said probly around $400ish. That was a little higher than i thought but idk. I might call around to those other places and ask what they think theyd do it for. And are the programmers just a performance chip? or are they completely different. the guy at the dealer said he thought he could just do the programming in the computer without me actually buying any parts. is that right? thanks
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Alright I checked out that sight and i can only find a locker for a Ford that is for an 8.5" and i thought that was only GT's. Am i right? and u think those shops are good for install. I called a dealer (Rusty Eck Ford) and the guy gave me some estimates -- said probly around $400ish. That was a little higher than i thought but idk. I might call around to those other places and ask what they think theyd do it for. And are the programmers just a performance chip? or are they completely different. the guy at the dealer said he thought he could just do the programming in the computer without me actually buying any parts. is that right? thanks
There is no 8.5" ford -I think that's a chrysler.

Call Detroit Locker. It's a new reissued item, and may not have hit the catalogues yet. Or use tha part number.

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
yeah, he could do it without the programmer, if he's willing to do it.

chips are different than programmers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page