I need some advice please!!! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006 Thread Starter

Question I need some advice please!!!

Ok so i went to two places to ask about exhaust.... i'm considering Flowmaster Force 2's for my 98 v6 .........first off... i want to know if this will add HP to my car or if it will sound like a rice burner... the pipes are 2.5"....
one place quoted me 600 for the exhaust installed..... another place quoted me 469 installed.... is this a good deal? any help id appreciate... also if theres another exhaust setup thats better and around the same price (470) or a lil more let me knowwwwww please...
also .... both places quoted me $300 bucks installed on my car .... smoked projector headlights ... i think the brand is xanatos or somethin .... i dunno if thats a good price ... it seems like it is bc when i search them on the net they come up for about 295
any feedback is appreciated

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006
GT Member
V6 Member

2.5" pipes are to big, they'll probally give you decent sound but they have to much flow for that v6 and you might lose some hp. try and find some that are 2" or 2.25". i think 2" will give the most hp but not quite sure; however they'll will both give you good sound.

2002 v6 manual, SSM P&P Heads, Comp Cam from SSM, and some other stuff full list in profile.
214 RWHP, 215 RWTQ :tongue

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so"
-Ronald Reagan
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex117
2.5" pipes are to big, they'll probally give you decent sound but they have to much flow for that v6 and you might lose some hp. try and find some that are 2" or 2.25". i think 2" will give the most hp but not quite sure; however they'll will both give you good sound.
where can i get 2" or 2.25" pipes that u speak of??
does everyone else agree that 2.5" is too big on a v6 with no engine mods?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006

Hey lilpony, I got the american thunder flowmaster system 2.5" for my 96 v6 with no mods and the sound is great but I did go down in HP I got my sytem for about $300 and had it installed for $150.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006 Thread Starter

i dont want to lose HP, i dont necessarily want to gain... i just want a nice dual exit, and some sound.....

anybody with any other suggestions?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006

Then it would be best to go with the 2.25" or the 2". Oh ya you could go with the 2.5" and have them weld in some reducers:laughlitt .
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006
PONY Member
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to GuitarstarX7
Exhaust

I went with dual 2.25, flowmaster 40s and an h pipe. Anything larger will lose more torque. It shouldnt cost more than 450-500 max for a shop.

2004 3.9L/auto
-Mac CAI, 73mm Mass Air
-Dual Flowmaster 40s, H pipe, 2.25 in pipe
-42% Underdrive Pulleys
-SCT Tuned
-4.10 Gears & Trac-lok
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006 Thread Starter

what exactly is a reducer? What do they do? how much do they cost? will every exhaust shop have them?

also.... the flowmaster 2.25"... where can i get them? it seems as though every exhaust system is 2.50"
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006
PONY Member
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to GuitarstarX7
Flowmaster makes the 40 series delta flow in 2.00, 2.25, 2.50, and 3.00, the muffler dimensions are all the same, only the inlet/outlet size changes. An exhaust shop should be able to get all of those.

2004 3.9L/auto
-Mac CAI, 73mm Mass Air
-Dual Flowmaster 40s, H pipe, 2.25 in pipe
-42% Underdrive Pulleys
-SCT Tuned
-4.10 Gears & Trac-lok
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarstarX7
Flowmaster makes the 40 series delta flow in 2.00, 2.25, 2.50, and 3.00, the muffler dimensions are all the same, only the inlet/outlet size changes. An exhaust shop should be able to get all of those.
yep, or you can go with spintech side exhaust with cobra tips!

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
yep, or you can go with spintech side exhaust with cobra tips!

What kind of bodywork would I need, if any?
Do exhaust shops generally charge more for side exhaust as opposed to the run of the mill single/dual exit rear?
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MylilPony
What kind of bodywork would I need, if any?
Do exhaust shops generally charge more for side exhaust as opposed to the run of the mill single/dual exit rear?
1) none.

2) if anything, it should be less, since they don't have to maneuver the pipes over the axle.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in