What gears? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

What gears?

I just installed a v8 diff. However I don’t know what gears have on it. I know thanks to Skoyote how to find out, which I will do tomorrow. However I the car run strong and its spinning both wheels when I burn them, but when I make turns the car doesn’t turn as fast as I was specting, once I go straight the car accelerates very good. Now I have two questions 1: How the traction control button on the bottom of my dash is going to work?

In case it doesn’t have the 3.27 what should I do? Change them, or keep it, I really don’t want to harm and force my engine. Thanks in advance I really don’t know how to thank you for helping my out.

2004 Ford Mustang Cobra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodstang01
I just installed a v8 diff. However I don’t know what gears have on it. I know thanks to Skoyote how to find out, which I will do tomorrow. However I the car run strong and its spinning both wheels when I burn them, but when I make turns the car doesn’t turn as fast as I was specting, once I go straight the car accelerates very good. Now I have two questions 1: How the traction control button on the bottom of my dash is going to work?

In case it doesn’t have the 3.27 what should I do? Change them, or keep it, I really don’t want to harm and force my engine. Thanks in advance I really don’t know how to thank you for helping my out.
if you have traction control, the computer is slowing you down by limiting your wheelspin. Shut it off.

What does it do in turns?

Leave the gears in, and reprogram the computer . .. When the t-lok burns out, then you can decide to worry about the gears.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Did you ever get a dyno tune?

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
Did you ever get a dyno tune?
No not yet, but i want to do that next week. When i stop and make turns slows down, and then go fast. How the diablo can be use in this situation, i run the program yesterday and the same. If i reprogram my comp, will that erase all the info that already has. I mean because of the injectors u know how hard that was. How do i reprogram my comp? Thanks

2004 Ford Mustang Cobra
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodstang01
No not yet, but i want to do that next week. When i stop and make turns slows down, and then go fast. How the diablo can be use in this situation, i run the program yesterday and the same. If i reprogram my comp, will that erase all the info that already has. I mean because of the injectors u know how hard that was. How do i reprogram my comp? Thanks
I'm guessing there's a lag in the airflow . .. the DynoTune should clear that up.

It shouldn't erase what you've got. Use the DiabloSport programmer . . . Wait, did you ge tthe programmer or the chip?

If you're going for a dynotune, then don't worry about it .. .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page