0-60 and 1/4 times? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member

0-60 and 1/4 times?

Ok so I have a friend that has a 97 gt and he's been wantin to race for a while now. I didn't want to race him cause I figured its an 8 I'll lose; but considering it's an older stang I'm curious what his 0-60 and 1/4 specs are?He is bone stock except for flowmaster mufflers and it's an auto. Also where I live the nearest track is an hour and a half away so I have no idea what my times would be; so mayby somebody could tell me 0-60 and 1/4 specs on a 2002 v6 and help me get a gauge of where I stand?

Thanks for the help

2002 v6 manual, SSM P&P Heads, Comp Cam from SSM, and some other stuff full list in profile.
214 RWHP, 215 RWTQ :tongue

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so"
-Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex117
Ok so I have a friend that has a 97 gt and he's been wantin to race for a while now. I didn't want to race him cause I figured its an 8 I'll lose; but considering it's an older stang I'm curious what his 0-60 and 1/4 specs are?He is bone stock except for flowmaster mufflers and it's an auto. Also where I live the nearest track is an hour and a half away so I have no idea what my times would be; so mayby somebody could tell me 0-60 and 1/4 specs on a 2002 v6 and help me get a gauge of where I stand?

Thanks for the help
www.car-stats.com

Car-Stats.com Report for 1997 Ford Mustang GT
Obtained from C&D August, 1997
0-60: 6.6 Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile: 15.1
1/4 Speed: 92

Car-Stats.com Report for 2000 Ford Mustang
Obtained from Web April, 1999
0-60: 7 Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile: 15.5
1/4 Speed: 84

Stock, he'll beat you to 60, but the split-port manifold opens up, and the six can catch 'em in the 1/4 mile.

They're even closer with the autos . . . Tack on a second for an automatic.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member

wow I'm closer than I thought, and those v6 times were stock!? I think I'll practice my launches and then take him up on his challege. Its to bad I wont see him for a while. Thanks for the stats KS :thumbsup

2002 v6 manual, SSM P&P Heads, Comp Cam from SSM, and some other stuff full list in profile.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so"
-Ronald Reagan

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex117
wow I'm closer than I thought, and those v6 times were stock!? I think I'll practice my launches and then take him up on his challege. Its to bad I wont see him for a while. Thanks for the stats KS :thumbsup
Yeah, stocker 6s generally range from 15.1-15.5 depending on conditions, the spare in the trunk, etc.

The pre-99 GT's are a lot heavier, having a 200lb. heavier engine, + leather, etc .. .

The torque is a lot higher, and they have stickier rubber, & a rear sway bar for better control, so the 0-60 times are quicker, but the six actually breathes a little better, particular when the secondary intake opens up. so the 60-90 times are better in the six.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member

Yeah but runnin against a 99-04 gt is different story. Not to long I got lined against one in a mall parking lot <(dont ask) as well as my friend in his 04 v6 convert. (stock, auto). We ran up to about 75-80 and he had me by just over a car length mayby 1 1/4 and I hooked up good in first and had good shifts. As for my friend, he was just a spectator as I had him by 2-3 car lengths. I dont know what the gt had done to it; but it did not sound like a factory exhaust.

-Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in