will this work - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
It's the cheapest unless you factor in refilling the bottle .. . .

Over lots and lots of time, hidden costs of refilling the bottle will eventually meet or exceed the costs of a an initial turbo or SC setup...this is true.

How many shots would you get out of a 75hp bottle? I know you can get different sizes, but for a standard size bottle let's say. And how much does it cost to fill said bottle? I think I saw someone say like 30 bux to get your bottle filled.

2002 Sonic Blue v6 5-speed
Mods: K&N FIPK2 CAI, Motoblue 42% UDP, Steeda Tri-Ax, next up - time for a new clutch I think and a lightweight flywheel if I can find a relatively inexpensive one...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

One way to keep costs of bottle refilling down is to get a nitrous distributors license. The requirements differ from state to state, but it is normally just a fee. Then you can purchase the nitrous in bulk for much cheaper, if you learn how to fill the bottles, which is very simple. As far as the number of uses out of a bottle, My dad ran a Top Sportsman car in which he had a 500+ shot on it. We would get about two passes out of a 25 lbs. bottle. Based off that you should theoretically be able to get 5-6 sprays, with heating inbetween each use, out of a 15 lbs. bottle. That is assuming you are using it for drag racing on 1/4 mile passes, and aren't purging the hell out of it for show.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page