Exhaust Help - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006 Thread Starter

Exhaust Help

I have a 97 v6 stang and just got a catback exhaust. I installed 2 40 series flowmaster mufflers. I used 2" pipes from the cataylic converters to the mufflers and then 2" pipes from the mufflers to rear end of the car. I wanted to know if 2" pipes from the mufflers to rear end of the car would create a lot of back pressure and would I lose power? Also, I was think of changing the 2" pipes from the mufflers to rear end of the car and change it 3" pipes would i lose power and will the sound become more deep and loud. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006

i cant really help u with the above..... but how does it sound now? does the car drive any differently? hows take-off etc...

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006
GT Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_01
I have a 97 v6 stang and just got a catback exhaust. I installed 2 40 series flowmaster mufflers. I used 2" pipes from the cataylic converters to the mufflers and then 2" pipes from the mufflers to rear end of the car. I wanted to know if 2" pipes from the mufflers to rear end of the car would create a lot of back pressure and would I lose power? Also, I was think of changing the 2" pipes from the mufflers to rear end of the car and change it 3" pipes would i lose power and will the sound become more deep and loud. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
I'm runnin 2" duals all the way back and It works fine. the v6 doesn't breath that much so having that little bit of back pressure helps retain power. 2.25" would give some HP but not as much as 2" and with 3" you would lose HP.

2002 v6 manual, SSM P&P Heads, Comp Cam from SSM, and some other stuff full list in profile.
214 RWHP, 215 RWTQ :tongue

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so"
-Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in