How would this look? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006 Thread Starter

How would this look?

So I am redoing a 2000 Mustang and I didn't like the stock front so I went with a 01 Cobra Bumper Cover. I also did dual exhaust which the stock bumper does not have cut outs for. So I was just wondering if you think an 01 Cobra bumper Cover would look out of place with a GT rear bumper (I would rather have a saleen or cobra rear but I want my bumper to say Mustang Instead of saleen or cobra because that is false advertising and on a V6 thats not cool) Really the only reason I ask is because I dont know if the front of the car will look low er than the rest of the car. But I suppose if it does there are always lowering kits. Also if you have any opinions on the side skirts I would love to hear them

Thanks Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98V65speed
So I am redoing a 2000 Mustang and I didn't like the stock front so I went with a 01 Cobra Bumper Cover. I also did dual exhaust which the stock bumper does not have cut outs for. So I was just wondering if you think an 01 Cobra bumper Cover would look out of place with a GT rear bumper (I would rather have a saleen or cobra rear but I want my bumper to say Mustang Instead of saleen or cobra because that is false advertising and on a V6 thats not cool) Really the only reason I ask is because I dont know if the front of the car will look low er than the rest of the car. But I suppose if it does there are always lowering kits. Also if you have any opinions on the side skirts I would love to hear them

Thanks Mike
do you mean a 2000 Cobra R, or a 2001 Cobra? Post a pic!

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006
GT Member

Quote:

Thanks Mike
It is all personal taste . It is your car and you are the one paying for it , do what you like .

I too am re doing a mustang ( 01 ) . I just ordered a 03 cobra hood today . I also am installing a cobra front bumper and a grille delete kit w/ pony .What I am doing may not be for everybody but the only person that has to like this is me .

On my 98 , I have a wings west body kit . It is a very mild kit and I really like it . Just surf the net some and look for ideas .

Give your stang some of it`s own personality . You will be glad in the end that you did

I was Punxsy Stang before !

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006 Thread Starter

here is the bumper cover

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/ap...g+Bumper+Cover

punxsy do you have any pics of ur car?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
here is the bumper cover

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/ap...g+Bumper+Cover

punxsy do you have any pics of ur car?

by the time you get the rear bumper painted etc, it may be cheaper just to get side exhaust . ..

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006
GT Member

It runs in my mind that side exhaust runs close to a grand . I don`t remember now where I looked at it , but I did once think about putting side exhaust on.

I can never figure out how to load my stang pics up in here . But if you wanna see what a wings west body kit looks like just surf their web page . I also didn`t use the rear bumper fasica . If one for a 98 will fit a 00 maybe we can work a deal . It has both cut outs for rear exhaust . The fasica only goes on the bottom of the bumper with double tape and screws . If interested PM me with your email addy and I can send pics .

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxsy Stang
It runs in my mind that side exhaust runs close to a grand . I don`t remember now where I looked at it , but I did once think about putting side exhaust on.

I can never figure out how to load my stang pics up in here . But if you wanna see what a wings west body kit looks like just surf their web page . I also didn`t use the rear bumper fasica . If one for a 98 will fit a 00 maybe we can work a deal . It has both cut outs for rear exhaust . The fasica only goes on the bottom of the bumper with double tape and screws . If interested PM me with your email addy and I can send pics .
It only costs a grand if you use Ford Racing with their side pipe covers or CDC's kit . ..

Spintech's go for a little over $400.

To post your pics, just go to tools -gallery, then upload. Or leave a message in the member testing area, and the mods can help ya'

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006
GT Member

THANKS KS ,

I might re think the side exhaust myself now . On a side note , my new 03 cobra hood came today . It weighs a ton ! BUt is way kewl ! The best thing about buying wrecked cars is that when you re- build them you can upgrade them . And the cost difference isn`t so bad .

I hope that in a few more weeks I can order the rest of the major front end parts . I am really looking forward to driveing the 01 and seeing how much more stuff it has as to my lightly modded 98 .

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006
GT Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxsy Stang
The best thing about buying wrecked cars is that when you re- build them you can upgrade them . And the cost difference isn`t so bad.
yeah I know what you mean.
I wrecked my dad's f-350 in the front so he used it as an excuse to put on a full replacement bumper with the grill guard, as well as a 6" lift

2002 v6 manual, SSM P&P Heads, Comp Cam from SSM, and some other stuff full list in profile.
214 RWHP, 215 RWTQ :tongue

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so"
-Ronald Reagan
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006 Thread Starter

Well pretty much the only cost i have for the bumper is shipping and the actual bumper otherwise my dads painting it for free (well paint cost i spose) so its only 254, and with the front only 414 and not sure on the sides i think its way cheap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in