Need Help - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
4.6L Member

Need Help

Ok, Well i have a problem with my car. I have a 2001 mustang v6, K&N FIPKII, Flowmasters True Dual Exhaust. When i go to accelerate fast on it it starts to like make very quiet popping noise out of the muffler. I can notice that it feels like it is chugging when i give it gas too. If i drive very slow nothing happens. The sound does sound like it is coming from the rear.
The car has 62,000 miles and it is a automatic

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006
GT Member
V6 Member

what diameter exhaust did you go with? does it make any noise at an idle?

2002 v6 manual, SSM P&P Heads, Comp Cam from SSM, and some other stuff full list in profile.
214 RWHP, 215 RWTQ :tongue

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so"
-Ronald Reagan
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
4.6L Member

The pipes are 2.25 inch pipes with 3 inch tips. No noise at idle and no noise if i stay under 3000 rpms. Had exhaust system for 4 months never had problem.Thanks

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006
GT Member
V6 Member

it's hard to say, I mean you could have a bad cat or a exhaust leak. best option is to take it to a dealership and let them hook up a computer to it. they usually dont charge you for it.

2002 v6 manual, SSM P&P Heads, Comp Cam from SSM, and some other stuff full list in profile.
214 RWHP, 215 RWTQ :tongue

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so"
-Ronald Reagan
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Is there any hesitation in neutral?

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
4.6L Member

I have talked to one of my co-workers and he had the same problem about the hesitation when accelerating. He said that it was a lack of fuel so he suggested that I change out the fuel filter. I was wondering if you could tell me where I can locate the fuel filter on my 01 mustang.

* There is no hesitation in neutral*

Thanks for your time
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nur_Stang
I have talked to one of my co-workers and he had the same problem about the hesitation when accelerating. He said that it was a lack of fuel so he suggested that I change out the fuel filter. I was wondering if you could tell me where I can locate the fuel filter on my 01 mustang.

* There is no hesitation in neutral*

Thanks for your time
http://www.bullittarchive.com/1009.htm

That should help . . .

Otherwise check the v6 archives, it comes up once or twice a year.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
4.6L Member

Ok, Well i just replaced the fuel filter, and no luck.... stil sputters... Than I cleaned the MAF with contact cleaner....no luck either... doh, I also put in new transmission fluid, filter and gasket, not because i thought it would fix the problem but i was suppose to get it 2,000 miles ago. my car has 62,000 miles. Called sam galloway ford and some dude was trying to tell me to get it serviced and have new "spyder gears" put in it. GRRR!! PLease any suggestions? Thanks for the help
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Ok, Well i just replaced the fuel filter, and no luck.... stil sputters... Than I cleaned the MAF with contact cleaner....no luck either... doh, I also put in new transmission fluid, filter and gasket, not because i thought it would fix the problem but i was suppose to get it 2,000 miles ago. my car has 62,000 miles. Called sam galloway ford and some dude was trying to tell me to get it serviced and have new "spyder gears" put in it. GRRR!! PLease any suggestions? Thanks for the help
-sounds like they think it's the tranny, too . .. .

Pick up a haynes and run through the troubleshooting sections . ..

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
4.6L Member

Well im gonna try to get a chance to change the spark plugs because i have done some "googling" lol, and i have seen several forums now that the final solution was it was the spark pluggs. Ill post back as soon as i get a chance te change them.
Should i replace the plugs along with the wires?
Thanks.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Well im gonna try to get a chance to change the spark plugs because i have done some "googling" lol, and i have seen several forums now that the final solution was it was the spark pluggs. Ill post back as soon as i get a chance te change them.
Should i replace the plugs along with the wires?
Thanks.
I always do . ..

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
4.6L Member

Hey guys well thanks for all the help. Guess what it turned out to be??? I had three fouled out spark plugs, soon as i put the new ones in, problem fixed!! Thanks guys 4 the help
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Hey guys well thanks for all the help. Guess what it turned out to be??? I had three fouled out spark plugs, soon as i put the new ones in, problem fixed!! Thanks guys 4 the help
you gotta figure out what fouled the plugs. Are you running a chip or something?

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
4.6L Member

No i dont have a chip in there,,, i dono, well its fixed now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in