short throw - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006 Thread Starter
Rookie

short throw

Any reccomendations on which brand Short throw shifter to go with?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3096
Any reccomendations on which brand Short throw shifter to go with?
My Steeda Tri-ax should be arriving any day now...ill let ya know how it is!
Ive heard good things about the Tri-ax, which is one of the reasons I got it.

If you decide to get one, you might want to get a gasket http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...idCategory=183

Make sure you get the correct year for your vehicle, gasket & shifter

2002 Sonic Blue v6 5-speed
Mods: K&N FIPK2 CAI, Motoblue 42% UDP, Steeda Tri-Ax, next up - time for a new clutch I think and a lightweight flywheel if I can find a relatively inexpensive one...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006
Apprentice

UPDATE: I put in the Steeda Tri-ax last night, and wow it made a huge difference in the shifts!! So much better than stock! The throws (meaning how much you have to move the handle to get into gear) are less than half of stock, and its much smoother! AND the handle itself is shorter by about one knob's length.

Installation was a piece of cake if you have the right tools. A socket wrench set works very well for this install. The only thing which was a pain, was adjusting the stops on the Tri-ax (instructions tell you how to do so) so you don't overextend the gears. But maybe others would have an easier time doing that than me.

Never again will I use a stock shifter on a mustang :smoke:

2002 Sonic Blue v6 5-speed
Mods: K&N FIPK2 CAI, Motoblue 42% UDP, Steeda Tri-Ax, next up - time for a new clutch I think and a lightweight flywheel if I can find a relatively inexpensive one...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by load
UPDATE: I put in the Steeda Tri-ax last night, and wow it made a huge difference in the shifts!! So much better than stock! The throws (meaning how much you have to move the handle to get into gear) are less than half of stock, and its much smoother! AND the handle itself is shorter by about one knob's length.

Installation was a piece of cake if you have the right tools. A socket wrench set works very well for this install. The only thing which was a pain, was adjusting the stops on the Tri-ax (instructions tell you how to do so) so you don't overextend the gears. But maybe others would have an easier time doing that than me.

Never again will I use a stock shifter on a mustang :smoke:
Thanks for the feedback, I ordered the Tri-ax shifter a couple days ago, and it should be here tommorrow. I'll tell you how I make out with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page