Rpm Outlet - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Rpm Outlet

I am buying a 2004 mustang, manual v6, and am planning on buying a lot of things, in fact all from Rpm Outlet. I am planning on getting the intake pack, pypes true dual exhaust with x pipe, bbk shorty headers, 160 degree thermostat. I was wondering if these are good investments, and whether or not they will all fit on the 3.9l vs. the 3.8l. I am also getting a cobra r bumper, cobra r hood, and cobra r rear wing from cervinis, any opinions on how that would look.

2012 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium Manual
Mods: Roushcharger, Carbon Fiber Driveshaft, MGW Shifter, Flowmaster Hushpower Cat-back, various suspension upgrades
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006

From what representatives from some websites tell me and from reps from my local ford dealer say. You don't want to modify the thermostat or other things that involve the engine internals in some way. In other words
  • no cylinder heads mods
  • no crank or bore mods
However it safe to say that you can modify the exhaust and intake (CAI) but I would recommend you don't do a lot to it, especially if its a 3.9L.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang04Guy19
I am buying a 2004 mustang, manual v6, and am planning on buying a lot of things, in fact all from Rpm Outlet. I am planning on getting the intake pack, pypes true dual exhaust with x pipe, bbk shorty headers, 160 degree thermostat. I was wondering if these are good investments, and whether or not they will all fit on the 3.9l vs. the 3.8l. I am also getting a cobra r bumper, cobra r hood, and cobra r rear wing from cervinis, any opinions on how that would look.
you should NOT get the 160 thermostat without a tuner. It will throw off the engine computations and shorten the life of your engine

I wouldn't go with pypes, because they're aluminized steel, and will rust out. I also wouldn't go with a metal CAI, as they don't perform any better than a drop in filter. They will all fit.

The best thing from RPM is their underdrive pulleys, and their prices on tuners.

THe headers won't do you any good w/o either a power adder or a cam.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

thanks guys, i think i am going to go with the demolet cai and forget the intake package, but i really want an x pipe and true dual exhaust does any place make stailess stell system for v6 mustangs? I also will not buy the thermostat, thinks for the heads up on that one.

2012 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium Manual
Mods: Roushcharger, Carbon Fiber Driveshaft, MGW Shifter, Flowmaster Hushpower Cat-back, various suspension upgrades
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006

just a question, if u'r ganna spend that much money, why don't u just get a V8 ?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy
just a question, if u'r ganna spend that much money, why don't u just get a V8 ?
If you're gonna spend that much money on a v8, why not buy a porsche?

Because with the $10,000 you save over 5 years with the 6, you can do what you want.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang04Guy19
thanks guys, i think i am going to go with the demolet cai and forget the intake package, but i really want an x pipe and true dual exhaust does any place make stailess stell system for v6 mustangs? I also will not buy the thermostat, thinks for the heads up on that one.
plenty, you can use a GT system with a Pacesetter adapter, spintech, borla, Flowmaster, etc., all make dual stainless steel systems.

The only x-pipe for the six comes from Spintech, and they use Dr. Gas technology, which is the best (he holds the patent on the x-pipe -the rest don't perform as well, in any case) you may be able to go directly to Dr. Gas . ..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in