Comp Cams - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Comp Cams

I am looking at two different camshafts from comp cams, and was wondering if the one that you didn't have to upgrade the computer and springs would still give a little more horsepower than stock. The two i am looking at are the xtreme energy ford 3.8l and 4.2l 259hr115 cam, and the xtreme energy ford 3.8l and 4.2l 268hr112 cam. I also don't know much about internal parts, and was wondering what the differences in the cams were. Thanks for any help

2012 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium Manual
Mods: Roushcharger, Carbon Fiber Driveshaft, MGW Shifter, Flowmaster Hushpower Cat-back, various suspension upgrades
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I am looking for a little gain, but not if it will change my motor drastically in the way it runs/idles. I still want my car to be reliable and a daily driver, just thought a new cam might be an option.

2012 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium Manual
Mods: Roushcharger, Carbon Fiber Driveshaft, MGW Shifter, Flowmaster Hushpower Cat-back, various suspension upgrades
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang04Guy19
I am looking for a little gain, but not if it will change my motor drastically in the way it runs/idles. I still want my car to be reliable and a daily driver, just thought a new cam might be an option.
Can you post the link? I don't have it on my machine right now & don't have time to look it up -I think either of those would be fine, the question is where you want the power -low or mid range?

You might want to consider giveing them a call, as their techs are really good at figuring out exactly what you want . ..

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006
Rookie

I would suggest the samething as ks, give comp a call, their techs are very helpful, and can point you in the right direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang04Guy19
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page