Wheres my computer! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006 Thread Starter

Angry Wheres my computer!

Where is my computer? I have a 94 mustang. All i need is to get the codes outta my car. My check engine light is on. Is there something i have to do to get the codes out, or is there somewhere i can hook up the computer?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006
Apprentice

Go to an "Autozone" parts store, they'll pull your codes for free. They won't do in depth analysis, just the code numbers and a general discription of the trouble area. Look at your manual and be able to tell the guy what typt of "On Board Diagnostics" you have, it should tell you. Most cars have "OBD II" but I don't know if that goes back to '94, my '95 has it. "OBD II" stands for on board diagnostics 2nd gneration. Don't be too alarmed at a 'check engine light' if the cars is running OK, that light will come on at the slightest burp in the cars system, anything from a leaking vacuum hose to an engine miss-fire. Hope that helped you!

'95, white convertable, auto trans, under drive pulley, cai, 3:73 gear. Just enough snap for a 62 year old kid! (my wife's a blond so the top MUST be down, or she won't get in!!)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006 Thread Starter

Thanks. Do yall think that just unpluging my battery for about 5 min will reset everything??

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006
Apprentice

yes it will. Then drive it hard for about 3or 4 startup and drive cycles so she'll train herself to be 'snappy'. It probably won't run real good at first. If the diagnostic system thinks the code is important enough for the light to go back on,....it will. Here's some hope. I have a '95 convert, with 80000 mi and it was giving me a code for leaking intake manifolds [upper & lower] and all that did was have the ECM program my fuel different, then for no reason whatever, it turned itself off. [must have been a very slight pin-hole that sealed up] The engine ran fine with and without the light on. Play it safe though,........find out what the codes are. None of us on the forum will tell you to dis-regard them, they could be more important than you think!

'95, white convertable, auto trans, under drive pulley, cai, 3:73 gear. Just enough snap for a 62 year old kid! (my wife's a blond so the top MUST be down, or she won't get in!!)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006 Thread Starter

Thanks. The engine runs perfect. Im thinking it is something to do with a vaccum or something like that. Because the anitfreeze used to leak. I never fixed it. But it doesnt leak anymore. We have checked everything. It runs like its supposed to.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006

When the codes says that there is a leak in the EVAP could it be a leaking vacuum hose?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Computer is behind the passenger side Kick Panel just for anyone else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in