Does anyone know the 0-60 trick? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006 Thread Starter

Question Does anyone know the 0-60 trick?

I read a post I believe it was Kscoyote (Good Tech) talking about a trick going 0-60 and shutting ignition off 6x in a V6. This somehow increases lower end HP. Sounds dangerous, but I was hoping to find out more info. Thinking I may want to test this theory. What exactly do I do, and what will this do to my car? Or should I forget it altogether for risk of damage? Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006
GT Member
V6 Member

Re: Does anyone know the 0-60 trick?

The trick is that if you are about to race someone you disconnect your battery for 10-15 minutes then hook it up and make about 4-5 0-60 bursts. By dissconnecting the battery you reset the computer and when you drive the dog out of it right after you reconnect you reprogram it for better acceleration. It doesn't improve your performance much but it does help

2002 v6 manual, SSM P&P Heads, Comp Cam from SSM, and some other stuff full list in profile.
214 RWHP, 215 RWTQ :tongue

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so"
-Ronald Reagan
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006 Thread Starter

Thanks tex. I'll give it a shot.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to speedytang

Your just resetting the saved memory fuel and spark holding tables. You should be able to unhook the ground and turn on the headlights to drain the saved memory tables.

Twin Turbo Intercooled(TTi)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006 Thread Starter

If I go ahead and do this, What will it do for fuel economy? Also, what kind of hp boost am I looking at, if any?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dice
If I go ahead and do this, What will it do for fuel economy? Also, what kind of hp boost am I looking at, if any?
It's basically the same as an 87 octane tune - so around 5-7 hp. you'll feel the bite most at low RPMs.

Depends on your driving re: MPG . ..

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006 Thread Starter

Thanks ks. One last quick question. Do I disconnect the battery for 10-15 mins, do 0-60 as fast as I can, stop, then disconnect again for 10-15 and repeat 6 times, Or just disconnect battery once, do 0-60, then just stop and turn off ignition for 6 times? Thanks again.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Thanks ks. One last quick question. Do I disconnect the battery for 10-15 mins, do 0-60 as fast as I can, stop, then disconnect again for 10-15 and repeat 6 times, Or just disconnect battery once, do 0-60, then just stop and turn off ignition for 6 times? Thanks again.
Battery once. Ignition 6X.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006 Thread Starter

Awsome. I'll give it a shot. Thanks Ks.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006 Thread Starter

Well, I tried the 0-60 trick. It didn't seem to do anything. But no matter. I just traded my 2001 V6 in for a 2003 gt. SWEEEEEEET. Just got to take the cold air intake out and go get it. Quick question about the intake. Will it fit the GT? It looks like it will.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Well, I tried the 0-60 trick. It didn't seem to do anything. But no matter. I just traded my 2001 V6 in for a 2003 gt. SWEEEEEEET. Just got to take the cold air intake out and go get it. Quick question about the intake. Will it fit the GT? It looks like it will.
5-7 hp is imperceptible, unless you've got new rubber, except on the stopwatch. If you timed before and after you may see a few hundredths to a tenth of a second, depending on the conditions.

Glad you're happy with your new car!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page