headlights with water droplets on the inside of the clear lens... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006 Thread Starter

Question headlights with water droplets on the inside of the clear lens...

The other day I had got finished washing my car off and I noticed that the headlights had a little water in them, I didn't think nothing of it at first but today I noticed that it had gotten a little worser with water droplets forming on the outer surface inside (you know the part that is clear see through on the 99-04 which mine is an 04)... I didn't see a hole are anything but how can I solve this problem? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...:thumbsup

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006

very simple take the whole lens off the car and use a hair dryer to dry out the inside of the lens it may take a little while but it works well !!
good luck

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006 Thread Starter

but what caused it to leak in the first place? I had just brought it about 3 or 5 wks ago... Granted the part of the warranty that was remaining has gone...

What can I do to solve this problem and prevent it from happening again...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006
GT Member

your headlights should have a breather/ drain hole in them . Also , to see where the water is comeing in .. Start by running water at the base. Back and forth . Slowly working your way upward . when you see where the water is entering seal it with some super glue .

I was Punxsy Stang before !
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006
4.6L Member

Seal those bad boys with clear silicone you can get that @ home depot for cheap that will fix your problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page