can i get it faster than a gt? - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member

can i get it faster than a gt?

can i get my 1994 v6 faster than a GT with a few thousand?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Yep, it may cook your engine but...Nitrous!

Cruising the misinformation superhighway in a Terminator.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

With a few thousand, the only way is nitrous.

But..how much is a few thousand? less than 2? more? maybe you can get a used SC.

Rob Hernandez, AFM co-Founder.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006
PONY Member
Classic Member
V6 Member

That brings up a good question...just what kind of performance can I realistically expect from a v6 on a sane budget and no power adders?

Mike

1966 Fastback
1966 Coupe
1998 GT

"Government is not the answer to our problems, government is the problem."

Ronald Reagan
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006
Apprentice
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher17
That brings up a good question...just what kind of performance can I realistically expect from a v6 on a sane budget and no power adders?

Mike
Well at $3k in mine (with nitrous) it runs 12.9 @106. And that was starting out with the single port v6.

1998 V6
1987 GT
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006
Banned
4.6L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FunkyBoss
There's always used supercoupe superchargers on ebay for dirt cheap.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyBoss
There's always used supercoupe superchargers on ebay for dirt cheap.
You'd have to swap heads, pulleys, etc. And you'd likely have to rebuild the SC unit.

It would be cheaper to buy an entire rebuilt SC engine and drop it in. They were running for $1750 at O'Reilleys. One good way would be to pick one of those up, and drop in the internals from the 4.2L for a real torque monster.

But the SC made 220 hp -Which is easy to get out of the 99+ cars . . . The real bonus is torque.

It depends on your goals, and how much you want to spend to get there.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006

uhh what do u mean by sc? and dont throw nitrous on a stock 3.8L thats asking for bad news, and yes u can get them fast then a GT w/o running nitrous. its not hard just expensive.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangHarry_94
uhh what do u mean by sc? and dont throw nitrous on a stock 3.8L thats asking for bad news, and yes u can get them fast then a GT w/o running nitrous. its not hard just expensive.
T-bird SC. It was the Super (Supercharged 3.8L) Thunderbird of the early 90s. It's the same block with forged pistons, crank, etc. The strongest block until the 2003 3.8L.

If you wanted a bulletproof, -TOTALLY bulletproof block, you'd take a 2003+ with the stronger main caps, windage tray, etc, adapt the forged rotating assembly from the SC engine, and you could throw pretty much anything at it.

The only problem would be the heads, since NONE of the pre-99 heads flow really well.

You could take the top end off the SC engine and port and polish the heck out of them,

Or use the 99+ heads and intake and run a centrifugal SC or nitrous.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

lol....

Just get some of those "kscoyote special magic pedals"......:thumbsup

Seriously though, a good shot of nitrous, a good turbo, or s/c setup depending on how much you actually have, and don't skimp on the suspension!!!!!

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB
lol....

Just get some of those "kscoyote special magic pedals"......:thumbsup

Seriously though, a good shot of nitrous, a good turbo, or s/c setup depending on how much you actually have, and don't skimp on the suspension!!!!!
Are you talking about the throttle linkage?!

The carpet can interfere with the pedal travel on the 99+ cars because of extra sound deadening. It varies according to production tolerances.

If you put a cam spacer on your pedal linkage or at the engine (it's cleaner & more sano inside the car) you can get full travel.

If you have two people, one stomping on th epedal inside the car, you can pull the linkage an extra 1/4-1/8 of an inch. Silverstang2k1 found that little tidbit, If I remember correctly, or it could have been Flex.

If that's what you're talking about, then it's not magic at all. the bullitt pedals have less play for better pedal placement. It's why all the special edition cars from 01 on (bullitt, mach, cobra) have the bullitt pedals.

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/99pedals.htm

Actually, it was D_Un4given who picked up that gem.

JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
Are you talking about the throttle linkage?!

The carpet can interfere with the pedal travel on the 99+ cars because of extra sound deadening. It varies according to production tolerances.

If you put a cam spacer on your pedal linkage or at the engine (it's cleaner & more sano inside the car) you can get full travel.

If you have two people, one stomping on th epedal inside the car, you can pull the linkage an extra 1/4-1/8 of an inch. Silverstang2k1 found that little tidbit, If I remember correctly, or it could have been Flex.

If that's what you're talking about, then it's not magic at all. the bullitt pedals have less play for better pedal placement. It's why all the special edition cars from 01 on (bullitt, mach, cobra) have the bullitt pedals.

off topic sorry!!!

I was pulling your chain...no need for a debate!

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB
off topic sorry!!!

I was pulling your chain...no need for a debate!

It's cool, I've been trying to figure out where the "magic pedal" thing came from.

I finally figured it out . ..

:thumbsup

GT Member
V6 Member

hahahaha, Pinto and his insane 6....Ks and his magic pedals....me and my....blue paint!!!

Lee
2012 V6 Ingot Silver MT
2012 V6 Grabber Blue AT
1991 Ford F150
2005 Honda Civic
----------------------------------------------
12v Guru
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page