Good news. Info on new supercharger kit. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member

Good news. Info on new supercharger kit.

This info I started posting in another thread, but I cut and edited it for a new thread so everyone can read it.

I decided not to get a centrifigal SC anymore. While browsing the web I discovered a roots blower and twin screw SC in development for the V6. Ironically they recommend you have underdrive pulleys to safely generate 8 psi of boost without overboosting and destroying the engine with normal sized pulleys. It will sell for under 3000. It will need new injectors which may be included in the kit and it may come with a SCT chip. Its been in development for 2 years now and has come along nicely. The guys have damaged a few motors but not from SC kitbut from using used motors from wrecked cars. But you take a chance on used motors. You get what you pay for with things like that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Send a message via AIM to BlueStreak03 Send a message via Yahoo to BlueStreak03
Do you have a link to the info where you found this? It sounds rather interesting to me. I saw a V6 run a 12.90 this weekend and was highly impressed.

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

John Adams
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member

Yeah Ill post the links soon. Im still transferring info from another thread.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member

I dont know where they are in the development phase now. From what I saw searching (and I searched all I could) there have not been any follow ups or updates since sometime last year. Maybe they abandoned it or decided to keep it hush hush until they release the final product to avoid all the questions. The two SCs will be a Eaton M90 (the roots blower) but not a used one pulled from a Tbird. It will be brand new in the kit with new injectors, fuel rail, carbon fiber intake, and other stuff. It will make around 8 to 9 psi of boost. Its the starters kit. Then there is the AR twin screw supercharger that makes 20 psi which is or was being made for the V6. Its more advanced for those ready to take it further and requires stronger engine internals to run it. Its similar to the Cobras M112 SC. There is still alot of info up in the air though. Knowing that there are diff sized UD pulleys I wondered how that would work out with the SC. They say you will have to tell them you applications and they would ship a kit based on your apps. So I guess the UD pulleys will be taken care of in that.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member

Here are the links.

This is the link to the forum I found the information from.

Check it out.
http://www.v6mustang.com/forums/

Here is the link to the thread where I found out about it.
"ROOTS BLOWER KIT!!!!!! (The secret is out!!)"

Click it and read on.
http://www.v6mustang.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4580

Here is a link to the FAQ about the Supercharger. It hasnt been updated since last year but will answer most of your questions.

Read on.
http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79867

Those are the links. Hope they help.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Send a message via AIM to BlueStreak03 Send a message via Yahoo to BlueStreak03
The Tbird SC setup is doable. I've seen one running on the street. A buddy took the entire induction setup, intercooler and all from a Super Coupe and put it on a V6. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear it looks like it was made for that car. He says he can take stock GT's with it.

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

John Adams
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member

The last I heard about it was a prototype was being tested on a V6 stang. Havent read anything new after that. They are probably still at that phase.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006
V6 Member
S197 Member

Wink More good news

I just got my kit on. I love it. It is so quiet untill you step into it. I will post more pictures and Dyno info. You should see the faces when they hear it wind out. Oh manthis is hot. These kits have been on 4.0l Rangers for a while. I think they have 80 -90 kits out there on Rangers. I think I am the first V6 Mustang manual trans. We got 277hp at the rear wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	05v6sc.jpg
Views:	1079
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	17636  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous36
The last I heard about it was a prototype was being tested on a V6 stang. Havent read anything new after that. They are probably still at that phase.
http://www.newage-tuning.com/

They're gone.

I've seen these pop up from time to time. An Eaton M-90 is the T-bird SC. Later variants have different numbers.

300hp is low compared to ATI & Vortech centrifugal units.

and the one-off models have little QC, which is why they go out of business so quickly, goes for Turbos as well.

I'd wager you could adapt a roots blower using Morana's universal intake, but unless you pick up a more advanced blower (like one designed for the 350Z) efficiency is always going to go to the centrifugal units. They'll make more hp for the same amount of money.

Here's a more modern twin screw . ..
http://www.stillen.com/product_detail.aspx?sku=407352IC

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0LmoPwr
I just got my kit on. I love it. It is so quiet untill you step into it. I will post more pictures and Dyno info. You should see the faces when they hear it wind out. Oh manthis is hot. These kits have been on 4.0l Rangers for a while. I think they have 80 -90 kits out there on Rangers. I think I am the first V6 Mustang manual trans. We got 277hp at the rear wheels.
yeah, they're available for the 4.0L, but the problem on the 3.8L is the split port heads & intake.

You would have to develop a custom manifold for both ports If you look at the lower manifold from top and bottom, you'll see the difficulty.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

http://www.miracerros.com/mustang/port_intakes.htm

The 99-04 intakes and heads are WILD. They're totally trick for OEM units, but developing a manifold to work properly with them is exceedingly difficult for a backyard operation.

Take a look.

GT Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
http://www.miracerros.com/mustang/port_intakes.htm

The 99-04 intakes and heads are WILD. They're totally trick for OEM units, but developing a manifold to work properly with them is exceedingly difficult for a backyard operation.

Take a look.
very nice write up, think that deserves a sticky

Lee
2012 V6 Ingot Silver MT
2012 V6 Grabber Blue AT
1991 Ford F150
2005 Honda Civic
----------------------------------------------
12v Guru
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to afixer
http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/alb...MUSTANGWEB.wmv

2005 scremin yellow v6 coupe 12" black stripes
sequencial taillights yellow seat and door inlays
explorer express x-charger # 001 8.95 1/8 mile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page