4.10 gears on a v6? Advice plz? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang9584
How much hp are those densechargers supposed to add on a stock 99 v6. And where can you get them?
99+ cars cost more -around 165 dollars.

Depending on conditions, from 8-12+ hp.

The hotter it gets the better they perform -IF they're made of plastic. The metal ones deteriorate with heat over even stock.

http://www.tunableinduction.com/

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
You have a 1998?

you can

1) pick up a set of 25% Underdriver pulleys for $69-$85

2) install 1.8 Roller Rockers $250

3) Pick up a DenseCharger for $60-70.

Do some porting work on your intake or swap to a split port intake & headsfor big power. $500+
I really dont know how 2 get any of those installed, would i buy those online then take them to a garage?

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlik3
I really dont know how 2 get any of those installed, would i buy those online then take them to a garage?
yeah, but check the garage 1st. Some won't install parts from other sources. they prefer to make a profit on the parts and the labor.

Sometimes they'll get you a better deal on the part, since they get it wholesale.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member

Could you go into some details on the parts u listed please Thanks lol. Unless were talking abuot turbos i really dont know much about car parts... and I sold my old turbos for the mustang lol so yea...
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Could you go into some details on the parts u listed please Thanks lol. Unless were talking abuot turbos i really dont know much about car parts... and I sold my old turbos for the mustang lol so yea...
ok, first things first, what's your budget, and how long are you planning to keep the car?

post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member

Ok here's my situation... I'm 17, and have two years of college paid for (scholarship) but have to stay home my first 2 years at a local college. So I'm going to have the car my senior year, and two years after that for sure. Thing is, I can't get anything with a v8 becuase of insurance, thats why I want to fix this car up instead of saving money for a new car. It also only has 26,000 miles on it. So I will definitely have the car another three years.

Once again, I'm only 17, so you can imagine the budget that I'm on. Basically I make about $150 a week, (take some gas money out of that), and have to write my dad a check for $170 a month for insurance.

So with minimal spending I bring in about $400 a month (ha pathetic I know).
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Ok here's my situation... I'm 17, and have two years of college paid for (scholarship) but have to stay home my first 2 years at a local college. So I'm going to have the car my senior year, and two years after that for sure. Thing is, I can't get anything with a v8 becuase of insurance, thats why I want to fix this car up instead of saving money for a new car. It also only has 26,000 miles on it. So I will definitely have the car another three years.

Once again, I'm only 17, so you can imagine the budget that I'm on. Basically I make about $150 a week, (take some gas money out of that), and have to write my dad a check for $170 a month for insurance.

So with minimal spending I bring in about $400 a month (ha pathetic I know).
Well, first you should make mods that will give you increased power AND save you money.

Pick up a Demolet or K&N FIPKII kit for around 165.00 (for the Demolet) you'll gain not only 8-12+ hp, but you'll also pick up 1-3 mpg.

Next pick up an underdriver pulley around 165.00 again, you'll gain 12 or so hp, and pick up another 1-2 mpg.

After that, you might look for a 3/4" spacer to increase plenum volume -these generally go for around 100.00. you'll pick up a fraction of a mpg, but not as much as the others.

Those should be your first goals. and then you can map out a strategy for what your overall goals are.

post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member

Cool, thanks man, I'm going to start saving up again and get these done. Hey do you mine if I PM you with questions later?
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Cool, thanks man, I'm going to start saving up again and get these done. Hey do you mine if I PM you with questions later?
If you can get it through -it's better to post . ..

That way everyone can learn stuff, including me!

post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member

Ok what are the pullies? Is that in the engine or does it connect through your driveshaft or somthing?
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Ok what are the pullies? Is that in the engine or does it connect through your driveshaft or somthing?
http://www.miracerros.com/mustang/pulley_tech.htm

here's an explanation that's as good as any, or you can look up "motoblue" in the archives.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page