99 v6 Roller Rockers - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member
 
mustang9584's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 53
 
What's the difference between full length and standard length subframe connectors?

Also, what is this I've been reading about switching to a 4.2L shortblock? Would that be a good thing for me to do?

mustang9584 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang9584
What's the difference between full length and standard length subframe connectors?
not much when you install the SYSTEM.

Installed alone, the full length SF connectors provide more rigidity, but you generally won't be able to run side pipes, fitment on convertibles is difficult, and some can interfere with aftermarket suspension systems. Additionally, they weigh more.

So if you're planning to go farther with chassis work, you'll have to commit to the rest of the system.

FOr example, the beauty of Kenny Brown's system is that you can save weight in the subframe connectors, because when you install the cage, it's just as rigid at less weight than a full length subframes AND a roll cage.

So it's going to have to depend on how far you want to go.


Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member
 
mustang9584's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 53
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
not much when you install the SYSTEM.

Installed alone, the full length SF connectors provide more rigidity, but you generally won't be able to run side pipes, fitment on convertibles is difficult, and some can interfere with aftermarket suspension systems. Additionally, they weigh more.

So if you're planning to go farther with chassis work, you'll have to commit to the rest of the system.

FOr example, the beauty of Kenny Brown's system is that you can save weight in the subframe connectors, because when you install the cage, it's just as rigid at less weight than a full length subframes AND a roll cage.

So it's going to have to depend on how far you want to go.
So can I get the standard SF connectors? Because I do have side pipes, will it work? And by the way, I was looking at the Chassis Brace Packages at www.maximummotorsports.com and they didn't list anything specifically for the v6 mustangs. I emailed them and Matt Main said "We do not have anything listed specifically for the V6 equipped cars. The subframe connectors and K-member brace will fit your car. The strut tower brace you will want to use is the MMSTB-6 for the '99 & '01 Cobras. You can order a chassis brace package for the Cobra and that will work on your car."

Is this actually going to work? Especially since I DO have sidepipes?
mustang9584 is offline  
 
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang9584
So can I get the standard SF connectors? Because I do have side pipes, will it work? And by the way, I was looking at the Chassis Brace Packages at www.maximummotorsports.com and they didn't list anything specifically for the v6 mustangs. I emailed them and Matt Main said "We do not have anything listed specifically for the V6 equipped cars. The subframe connectors and K-member brace will fit your car. The strut tower brace you will want to use is the MMSTB-6 for the '99 & '01 Cobras. You can order a chassis brace package for the Cobra and that will work on your car."

Is this actually going to work? Especially since I DO have sidepipes?
The only ones that work with side pipes are Spintech's, Kenny Brown's, The Ford Racing versions for the 2000 Cobra R, and Hans Racecraft's to my knowledge. There may be more, -but that's all I know of.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roller rockers for the modular 4.6L Mana4Real 4.6L Tech 1 09-08-2003 03:49 AM
adjusting crane 1.6 roller rockers ? Do I need shims ? matrix5089 5.0L Tech 3 05-26-2003 11:12 AM
What are the best Roller Rockers aftermarket?? artamez95GT Mustang Tech 1 03-13-2003 02:17 PM
EFI valve covers that will clear roller rockers xchpstang 5.0L Tech 3 04-24-2002 02:02 AM
Roller Rockers 5.0L Tech 1 01-28-2002 09:26 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1