High Idle Problems - Please Help! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member

High Idle Problems - Please Help!

I have a 95 3.8L automatic 2 dr. coupe and I am getting a high idle at start up and it won't come down. It seems that when it's in drive and i come to a light or stop sign, i must keep my foot on the brake or it will move ahead on me. i recently started getting the engine light on also. i did replace the accelerator cable because it started to fray and hang up on me. i tried fuel injector cleaner but that doesn't seem to do anything. (I also have hard shifting and fluctuating idling as well.)
Another problem i encountered is the speed gauge is reading faster than what i'm actually going. Has anyone else heard of these problem? I have 121,000 miles on it. I don't have alot of money to get this repaired at a station, but I have the service manual and I'm pretty good and handy to do most of my own repairs.

in need of some good advice,
carl...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006
V6 Member

I used to have a 95 v6 and I had the same problem with the speedo and mine would also say i was doing less that what i actually was when under 30 and faster than what i was doing when I was doing ~55. I could actually hit or tap the glass in front of it and it would make it jump back to normal... lol, but an actual fix, i have no idea

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page