Front wheels hitting front sway bar. Need Help! - Ford Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member
 
sparticus56's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 64
 
Front wheels hitting front sway bar. Need Help!

I just installed my new saleen rims/tires, which look great! Only problem is that whenever I turn the steering wheel all the way to the right/left, the tires rub against the front sway bar when turned all the way. Is there anything cheap to prevent this from occuring? (I am on a budget)...I heard something about a "stopper," which is said to prevent the front wheels from turning too far and rubbing against the sway bar. Thanks for all the help guys! -Brian

sparticus56 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparticus56
I just installed my new saleen rims/tires, which look great! Only problem is that whenever I turn the steering wheel all the way to the right/left, the tires rub against the front sway bar when turned all the way. Is there anything cheap to prevent this from occuring? (I am on a budget)...I heard something about a "stopper," which is said to prevent the front wheels from turning too far and rubbing against the sway bar. Thanks for all the help guys! -Brian
what kind of saleen? what size of wheel?

That should absolutely not happen!

Where'd you get the wheels?


Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member
 
sparticus56's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 64
 
I have a 3.8, but decided to go with the Saleen 5 spoke rims because I liked the style. The front ends are 18 X 9's with 245/40/18 tires, and the rears are 18 X 10's with 265/35/18 tires. I have tested the steering out since my last post and I can turn left/right with a little more than a full revolution each way before hitting the front sway bar...so I can make the majority of turns I would nornally make during a day, but on the tight turns I will have to put the car in reverse to readjust and make those tighter turns.
sparticus56 is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparticus56
I have a 3.8, but decided to go with the Saleen 5 spoke rims because I liked the style. The front ends are 18 X 9's with 245/40/18 tires, and the rears are 18 X 10's with 265/35/18 tires. I have tested the steering out since my last post and I can turn left/right with a little more than a full revolution each way before hitting the front sway bar...so I can make the majority of turns I would nornally make during a day, but on the tight turns I will have to put the car in reverse to readjust and make those tighter turns.
the offset is wrong. Where'd you get the wheels?

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member
 
sparticus56's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 64
 
I purchased the rims from a company called OE Distributors down in Sarasota, FL. I believe the offset was 22mm.
sparticus56 is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparticus56
I purchased the rims from a company called OE Distributors down in Sarasota, FL. I believe the offset was 22mm.
You're going to hav eto pick up some spacers.

Those are knock-offs, so you kinda take your chances. Eibach makes some pretty trick ones.

But check the offset on teh actual wheel to make sure they sent you the correct ones.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member
 
sparticus56's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 64
 
ok I'll contact the company & check the offset, if it is correct, I'll get those spacers...thanks again for the quick replys, you've been a great help!
sparticus56 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Considering GT front sway bar for my V6. Looking for diameter size of GT sway bar? Glen 4.6L Tech 5 03-13-2009 09:44 PM
front sway bar remved on daily driver duffman 5.0L Tech 4 03-06-2003 11:11 AM
What will happen if i remove my front sway bar?? watsonAOD90gt 5.0L Tech 2 02-24-2003 07:05 AM
front sway bar WHYTRY 5.0L Tech 11 02-15-2003 10:08 AM
What does removing the front sway bar do for you? AirbornePB Drag Racing 4 09-20-2002 06:14 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1