chip or programer help - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member

chip or programer help

Im thinking about getting a chip or programer, which one would be best and what kind of performance gain would i get out of eather(preferably the chip). What wpuld i be able to do that i couldnt before?

The car is a 04' stock 3.8

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006
V6 Member

What up man? I was on a search for the same thing last month and I went to several big name companies that build hotrods specifically mustangs, like Year One. Anyway man noone makes a chip or a programmer for the v6. I would just dump a v8 in that pony.

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006
V6 Member

What up man?I was on a search for the same thing last month and I went to several big name companies that build hotrods specifically mustangs, like Year One. Anywayman noone makes a chip or programmer for the v6. Unless I just got the wrong info. I would just dump a v8 inthat pony. You can find a 302 pretty cheap hombre. adios quey.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkallova
What up man?I was on a search for the same thing last month and I went to several big name companies that build hotrods specifically mustangs, like Year One. Anywayman noone makes a chip or programmer for the v6. Unless I just got the wrong info. I would just dump a v8 inthat pony. You can find a 302 pretty cheap hombre. adios quey.
www.diablosport.com makes chips and flashers for your v6. I'm sure there's a few others out there as well, but I think I am going to get one of their predator flashers here soon. Check it out.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
What up man? I was on a search for the same thing last month and I went to several big name companies that build hotrods specifically mustangs, like Year One. Anyway man noone makes a chip or a programmer for the v6. I would just dump a v8 in that pony.
Year One is a good source for body parts etc., but not for v6 parts.

DiabloSport, SCT Custom Tuning, and Superchips ALL make tuners and chips for the v6. All Fords have the same computer, just different data, so all the ports will attach to programmers, and the language is all the same.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006
V6 Member

Quote:
Why would you dump a v8 into a v6 block? Thats $5,000 plus... why not just buy a GT?
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlik3
Why would you dump a v8 into a v6 block? Thats $5,000 plus... why not just buy a GT?

yeah, unless you're building an all out street rod, it's cheaper to buy a v8 car if you want a v8.

It's not that tough to get 300 hp out of the v6, and it's not that tough to get to 12 sec. performance.

You have to have a goal set and stick to a plan.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006
V6 Member

I've always questioned these chips and all....i am newbie to all these so i am not sure....but wouldnt these chips cut the life of your engine shorter?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006

Actually, a performance chip contains a long list of air/fuel mixtures which, if programmed to do so, will improve your mpg average as well as increase torque and horsepower. It won't mess up your engine. I bought my car in '01 with one and the only thing I don't like about it is that I have to buy premium fuel or else the engine knocks bad.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel
I've always questioned these chips and all....i am newbie to all these so i am not sure....but wouldnt these chips cut the life of your engine shorter?
The $35.00 ebay chips fool the computer, those will kill your engine. The reputable chips will not harm your engine in any way so long as you use the recommended fuel octane rating in your tank.

V6 Member

hey all...i m planning to buy diablo predator flash programmer for my mustang V6 2004...wat do u guys think will it improve the performance?
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny bravo
hey all...i m planning to buy diablo predator flash programmer for my mustang V6 2004...wat do u guys think will it improve the performance?
What else do you have on the car?

V6 Member

nothin as yet..just bought it was surfing the net and found diablo web site it sounded good thats y i decided to ask in this forum about it before buying it...wat do u propose i should start modificationw ith?
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny bravo
nothin as yet..just bought it was surfing the net and found diablo web site it sounded good thats y i decided to ask in this forum about it before buying it...wat do u propose i should start modificationw ith?
What are your goals? What's your budget? and how long are you planning on keeping the car?

The answers to those questions will determine what to do . ..

V6 Member

well...i can not put turbo, super charger or NOS in it as by UAE Law every car is checked every year and if any sign of these are found then the car is not registered...so was planning to do few basic modifications that wont get me in trouble....budget is not a big issue and definatly m keepin this car for few years..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page