advice/ opinions on my 95 mustang. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006 Thread Starter

advice/ opinions on my 95 mustang.

hello all. new here, few questions about my 95 mustang, auto 3.8 v6.
im at the stage where im not sure wha ti want to do with it.. body needs some work as scratches are too many to worry about and would have to just do the whle car with new paint... and its auto. not sure if its worth upgradeing since its an auto..like is it much more bennificial to upgrade a manual then auto?
also i had the rear end dipp'n a bit on the one side and the rear spring was shot on that side. so fixed that with shocks and the rear left side is still about an inch lower then the other!! :S It improved a bit but i don't know what would cause the rear right side to lean or dipp to one side a bit. car rides fine so? any suggestions.
im take'n in tomorrow to have it looked at by my buddy who's a mechanic but still would like input?
well later
thanks to anyone who reply's
dee.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerock
hello all. new here, few questions about my 95 mustang, auto 3.8 v6.
im at the stage where im not sure wha ti want to do with it.. body needs some work as scratches are too many to worry about and would have to just do the whle car with new paint... and its auto. not sure if its worth upgradeing since its an auto..like is it much more bennificial to upgrade a manual then auto?
also i had the rear end dipp'n a bit on the one side and the rear spring was shot on that side. so fixed that with shocks and the rear left side is still about an inch lower then the other!! :S It improved a bit but i don't know what would cause the rear right side to lean or dipp to one side a bit. car rides fine so? any suggestions.
im take'n in tomorrow to have it looked at by my buddy who's a mechanic but still would like input?
well later
thanks to anyone who reply's
dee.
could be shocks/springs, hard to say without looking at it.

It's ALWAYS cheaper to upgrade a 10 year old car. The question is, how vested are you in the car, and what you're willing to spend -at ten years old, it has virtually no value according to blue book, so do you want to create something you want? And are you willing to take the risk that no one wlse will want it?

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
could be shocks/springs, hard to say without looking at it.

It's ALWAYS cheaper to upgrade a 10 year old car. The question is, how vested are you in the car, and what you're willing to spend -at ten years old, it has virtually no value according to blue book, so do you want to create something you want? And are you willing to take the risk that no one wlse will want it?
true... yah i mean i just don't know if it would be better at this point to just sell and try and find one iwth better body to start with. then wouldn't really have to worry about paint. but that's obviously hard to find on a 10 year old car. took my car to the mechanics today( a friend of mine) and we looked at the rear again. did some measurements..looks like the right rear is lean'n 1 1/2 inches lower then the left!! and that's after shocks and springs replaced!. we found that the lower control arm on the right was alittle bent upward...also my bud said hte left could have been damaged too and both adding to the problem... figure the previous owner must have slid sideways and hit something cause'n the shift int he rear axle to the left. 1/2 and inch or so. What u guys think u think that could cause the car to actually lean more to one side? we figure there's not much els we can really fix on it and hopefully by the control arms shifting back to center the car weight will balance out? but i mean we won't know till we try i guess.

im still start'n to think of sell'n and get'n a different one tho. ur thoughts?
dee

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
true... yah i mean i just don't know if it would be better at this point to just sell and try and find one iwth better body to start with. then wouldn't really have to worry about paint. but that's obviously hard to find on a 10 year old car. took my car to the mechanics today( a friend of mine) and we looked at the rear again. did some measurements..looks like the right rear is lean'n 1 1/2 inches lower then the left!! and that's after shocks and springs replaced!. we found that the lower control arm on the right was alittle bent upward...also my bud said hte left could have been damaged too and both adding to the problem... figure the previous owner must have slid sideways and hit something cause'n the shift int he rear axle to the left. 1/2 and inch or so. What u guys think u think that could cause the car to actually lean more to one side? we figure there's not much els we can really fix on it and hopefully by the control arms shifting back to center the car weight will balance out? but i mean we won't know till we try i guess.

im still start'n to think of sell'n and get'n a different one tho. ur thoughts?
dee
Take it to a shop, could be your bushings are worn out in addition to the bent control arm.

re: second question, hard to say. If it's in such bad shape you're probably not going to get anything out of it . .. so would it be cheaper to keep it as a project car and get another one entirely?

You can replace the entire rear end for $500. & you can always practice body work, etc on the project . . .

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
Take it to a shop, could be your bushings are worn out in addition to the bent control arm.

re: second question, hard to say. If it's in such bad shape you're probably not going to get anything out of it . .. so would it be cheaper to keep it as a project car and get another one entirely?

You can replace the entire rear end for $500. & you can always practice body work, etc on the project . . .
true.... i was thinkn' about it and im think'n i may just trade in and get a newer model one like a 2000 or smoething. not sure at this point. i dont think its going to be worth the money cause yah id be look'n at overhaul'n alot of stuff on it to get where id want. maybe just start out with something newer and go from there. thanks for all u input.
dee
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
true.... i was thinkn' about it and im think'n i may just trade in and get a newer model one like a 2000 or smoething. not sure at this point. i dont think its going to be worth the money cause yah id be look'n at overhaul'n alot of stuff on it to get where id want. maybe just start out with something newer and go from there. thanks for all u input.
dee
If they give you less than a thousand on the trade, I'd consider keeping it, and start upgrading stuff as you can while you're driving the newer car the difference in mothly payment will only be like 20-25 dollars a month.

Since it's not being driven, you can do all sorts of crazy stuff . . .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page