2000 Mustang Problem. Please Help! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006 Thread Starter

2000 Mustang Problem. Please Help!

Hi Guys,

Im having a problem with my stang, These are the specs

v6
80,000 Miles

For the last three weeks this has been happening on and off, i will press on the gas and the car starts to jerk like it wants to turn off or stop. it feels like im pressing the breaks. both times it has been on the freeway, i press the gas and it feels like its just not going like it should. i can floor it and still be going normal speed sometimes, i dont know whats up. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadupMx
Hi Guys,

Im having a problem with my stang, These are the specs

v6
80,000 Miles

For the last three weeks this has been happening on and off, i will press on the gas and the car starts to jerk like it wants to turn off or stop. it feels like im pressing the breaks. both times it has been on the freeway, i press the gas and it feels like its just not going like it should. i can floor it and still be going normal speed sometimes, i dont know whats up. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks
Three things

1) when was the last time you changed your fuel filter?

2) do you use a K&N?

3) hav eyou checked the plugs and wires?

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006 Thread Starter

i just put in a K&N Filter about a month ago. I havent replaced my fuel filter since i got the car, i havent checked the plugs and wires yet i was planning on hitting up a tune up sometime this week. do you think the K&N has anything to do with it? did start happening a little after i put it in.

Thanks

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
i just put in a K&N Filter about a month ago. I havent replaced my fuel filter since i got the car, i havent checked the plugs and wires yet i was planning on hitting up a tune up sometime this week. do you think the K&N has anything to do with it? did start happening a little after i put it in.

Thanks
if it had too much oil it can cause the MAF to have incorrect readings, but it's probably your fuel filter.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

you can clean the MAF with computer contact cleaner.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006 Thread Starter

thanks man i appreciate the comments
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
thanks man i appreciate the comments

No problem -the fuel filter is supposed to be changed every 30,000 miles, and if you use cheap gas (like we all have to, nowadays) the stations that have the cheapest gas may skimp on cleaning the underground tanks, and the fuel filter gets clogged faster . . .

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006 Thread Starter

ahh yes that can def be it, been using the cheap gas for a few months now. i just started putting the more expensive gas asoon as i started having these problems, im going to go ahead and replace the fuel filter and hopefully that will do the trick, i will let you know how it goes. thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in