What do you think.. 75 shot NOS on V6 engine? - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member

Question What do you think.. 75 shot NOS on V6 engine?

Alright so one of my friends has the hook up on cheap perfmoance parts (hes been working at this place for years...) He told me he could get me a NOS kit for about a 50% discount (and install). What do yall think?? Its only a v6... he would give me a 75 shot.

Pros...
- could take my model (94-98) GTs
- Could take 99-04s???
- Could beat almsot all rice...

Cons..
- Is is streat legal??
- Why have it if I cant spray on the street?
- Would it destory my engine??
- When I try to sell my car no one is going to want a v6 with NOS. I wouldnt buy a car from a 17 year old that has been spraying...

What do yall think??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlik3
Alright so one of my friends has the hook up on cheap perfmoance parts (hes been working at this place for years...) He told me he could get me a NOS kit for about a 50% discount (and install). What do yall think?? Its only a v6... he would give me a 75 shot.

Pros...
- could take my model (94-98) GTs
- Could take 99-04s???
- Could beat almsot all rice...

Cons..
- Is is streat legal??
- Why have it if I cant spray on the street?
- Would it destory my engine??
- When I try to sell my car no one is going to want a v6 with NOS. I wouldnt buy a car from a 17 year old that has been spraying...

What do yall think??
Every power adder has it's fans.

That said, but the time you keep refilling the bottle -if you'd saved the cash, you could have an SC unit that requires no refilling . ..

And I think those will get you around 220-225 hp total (on a 94-98)? For the costs of of the N2O and the labor, you could have nearly the same amount of power with a head/intake swap.

It's not street-legal, in some states even having a hooked up bottle can get you a fine, even if you weren't caught using it.

there are some problems associated with N2O, but I don't remember what they are. but re: resale value, for a car that's almost 10 years old, it's not going to go much lower . .. As long as it runs it won't make a big difference.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member

I havent been given a price yet, but what if he tells me he can install everything for $3-400??

Ok and I know allitle about NOS (like when to spray blah blah blah...) but i've never used it. So how obvious is it that some one is spraying??? Like the second i press the button if a cop is looking at me is he going to be like " Oh thats NOS" and pull me over?

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
I havent been given a price yet, but what if he tells me he can install everything for $3-400??

Ok and I know allitle about NOS (like when to spray blah blah blah...) but i've never used it. So how obvious is it that some one is spraying??? Like the second i press the button if a cop is looking at me is he going to be like " Oh thats NOS" and pull me over?
He's your pusher.

gives you a hit -for free, then you keep coming back

First you get it, and you think you're gonna' use it for special occaisions. then you hit it -pretty soon you're hittin' it 2-3-4-5 times a day, filling up the bottle every week, then you're like -"dang, I'm addicted!!"

but it's too late, you're hooked to the bottle.

:hihi:

Cop sees you racing he's gonna pull you over -sees you do a giant-killer routine, he's gonna ask you to open your trunk.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006
GT Member

as for resale , you can always take the NOS kit out of your car before you would want to resale it . Unless your saleing it to somebody that wants it .

I was Punxsy Stang before !
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member

OK so dont get it then? I trust your opinion lol
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
OK so dont get it then? I trust your opinion lol
Can't tell you how to build your car - I don't like N2O, but Pinto loves it.

The system is affordable, and you'll be able to run the 1/4 a lot faster.

I like having power available throughout the powerband at any time without having to think about it (passing, merging, etc) -but if you're just building a 1/4 mile machine, then it can work for ya.

You have to have a vision of what you want out of the car . .. then follow the vision.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member

Fun... somthing to show off...
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Fun... somthing to show off...
What does that mean?

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member

For instance somthing to show off on the streets... I'm about to put $1,000 bucks into looks (body kit and stripes) and would like allitle perfomance to back that up... but I dont have the money for a supercharger r anything. It would be nice to pull up to a prelude/camaro/ maybe even GT and be able to burn it with nos...
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
For instance somthing to show off on the streets... I'm about to put $1,000 bucks into looks (body kit and stripes) and would like allitle perfomance to back that up... but I dont have the money for a supercharger r anything. It would be nice to pull up to a prelude/camaro/ maybe even GT and be able to burn it with nos...
Fastest way to do that is to drop in a 4.2L short block -probably the cheapest way, too, seeing as how the short blocks generally run from $75-$400.

V6 Member

How does the 4.2L short block swap work? Is it the entire engine out of an F-150, or just a portion? I ask because I see the price you estimated is so cheap...Do I find it at a salvage yard and replace it with my current 3.8L in my 96'? Thanks
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparticus56
How does the 4.2L short block swap work? Is it the entire engine out of an F-150, or just a portion? I ask because I see the price you estimated is so cheap...Do I find it at a salvage yard and replace it with my current 3.8L in my 96'? Thanks
a short block is the block and rotating assembly. A long block is the whole shebang.

so to swap out a short block, you need to keep the heads and intake.

the heads on a stock 94-8 won't be able to flow enough, so what you'll need are the heads for the 4.2L, then you need an upper and lower intake manifold from a 99-04 Mustang.

Shoot Pinto a PM.

Last thing you'll need is a programmer .. .

Apprentice
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
a short block is the block and rotating assembly. A long block is the whole shebang.

so to swap out a short block, you need to keep the heads and intake.

the heads on a stock 94-8 won't be able to flow enough, so what you'll need are the heads for the 4.2L, then you need an upper and lower intake manifold from a 99-04 Mustang.

Shoot Pinto a PM.

Last thing you'll need is a programmer .. .
Oil pans will also neet to be swapped, although they don't come with the shortblock anyway.

Nitrous can be tons of fun, it's what I use to up the HP in my car

1998 V6
1987 GT
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinto
Oil pans will also neet to be swapped, although they don't come with the shortblock anyway.

Nitrous can be tons of fun, it's what I use to up the HP in my car
Forgot about that! you can also swap the k-member instead . ..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page