contemplating convertible 2005-2009 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-30-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

contemplating convertible 2005-2009

Hello, there, I am from Bay Area, I have been on the eye for Mustang 2005-2009 models as I can see those are years pretty affordable range for me, I like these years model and look most. I was wondering from these years What is the most trouble spot I should watch for and features or parts that are prone to breaking malfunction etc., from these years range what is the best year I can select?

I am basically looking for 4.0 base or premium models and must be convertible. Those convertible tops break a lot? How reliable is this?

If I make a move, I am switching from Acura TL 02 model which as been giving a constant headache and anxiety due to its faulty transmission.

Thanks.,!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-30-2015
Apprentice
Classic Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I have owned 2, a 2007 v6 and a 2005 v8. Thesse cars are as reliabe as anything I've ever owned,, and I've owned well over 20 cars. If you don't tweak it like I do you (or drive like an idiot, which I NEVER do... .... you can expect years of flawless service. Common wisdom is to stick with second+ model years to avoid potential initial model quality problems. Get one with a good clean ownership record and as low mileage as you can afford, then cruise in style with a smile!

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

thanks, i am also preferring manual over auto. Does manual is more reliable? In my opinion, in general manual transmission are more reliable because of less complicacy and easier and cheater to fix. I am asking because of my 2002 TL-S had persistent transmission problems and just had headache for years. Thanks.,!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page