Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Red GT Convertible
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m coming to terms with that fact that I can’t just replace the rear windshield in my convertible but must, in fact, replace the entire thing! Good grief!

Here in Southeastern New England I was first quoted $1,700 (I haven’t called around yet to compare) but figured there HAD to be a cheaper option!

Does anyone have recommendations for a particular aftermarket brand or retailer? Sailcloth or twill? Do we need to order the headliner, too?

Do my husband and I have any chance of installing this ourselves properly? And without putting our marriage in jeopardy? 😁

Thanks,
- Bethany in RI

·
Super Moderator
2,261 Posts
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your account details.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

·
Registered
2007 Red GT Convertible
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your account details.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.
Thanks for the link, and yes, I have finished filing out account details, and sorry for the excessive question marks :)

- Bethany

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bethany
I just replaced the top on my new-to-me '12 for the same reason, the back window was not longer stopping water. Unfortunately, the price of $1700 would be great where I live. I ended up paying $2100 for a twill top installed. It would have been about $150 less if I had gone with the standard top material. I will say, I like the feel and look of twill top better than what was on it from the factory. I am not sure if the headliner was replaced when they did the top, I had only owned the car for a month.

·
Registered
2007 Red GT Convertible
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that.

the next place I called quoted $2,400. I’m not sure how that $700 difference comes into play - better quality top? Longer, more precise installation? Totally ripping me off? The second place suggested I contact insurance just in case. We’ve only had one snowfall this season, but that window was sagging significantly more once everything melted... and because New England is weird, I was driving around with the top down a few days later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts