Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a friend that has a 97 gt and he's been wantin to race for a while now. I didn't want to race him cause I figured its an 8 I'll lose; but considering it's an older stang I'm curious what his 0-60 and 1/4 specs are?He is bone stock except for flowmaster mufflers and it's an auto. Also where I live the nearest track is an hour and a half away so I have no idea what my times would be; so mayby somebody could tell me 0-60 and 1/4 specs on a 2002 v6 and help me get a gauge of where I stand?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
tex117 said:
Ok so I have a friend that has a 97 gt and he's been wantin to race for a while now. I didn't want to race him cause I figured its an 8 I'll lose; but considering it's an older stang I'm curious what his 0-60 and 1/4 specs are?He is bone stock except for flowmaster mufflers and it's an auto. Also where I live the nearest track is an hour and a half away so I have no idea what my times would be; so mayby somebody could tell me 0-60 and 1/4 specs on a 2002 v6 and help me get a gauge of where I stand?

Thanks for the help
www.car-stats.com

Car-Stats.com Report for 1997 Ford Mustang GT
Obtained from C&D August, 1997
0-60: 6.6 Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile: 15.1
1/4 Speed: 92

Car-Stats.com Report for 2000 Ford Mustang
Obtained from Web April, 1999
0-60: 7 Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile: 15.5
1/4 Speed: 84

Stock, he'll beat you to 60, but the split-port manifold opens up, and the six can catch 'em in the 1/4 mile.

They're even closer with the autos . . . Tack on a second for an automatic.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow I'm closer than I thought, and those v6 times were stock!? I think I'll practice my launches and then take him up on his challege. Its to bad I wont see him for a while. Thanks for the stats KS :thumbsup

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
tex117 said:
wow I'm closer than I thought, and those v6 times were stock!? I think I'll practice my launches and then take him up on his challege. Its to bad I wont see him for a while. Thanks for the stats KS :thumbsup
Yeah, stocker 6s generally range from 15.1-15.5 depending on conditions, the spare in the trunk, etc.

The pre-99 GT's are a lot heavier, having a 200lb. heavier engine, + leather, etc .. .

The torque is a lot higher, and they have stickier rubber, & a rear sway bar for better control, so the 0-60 times are quicker, but the six actually breathes a little better, particular when the secondary intake opens up. so the 60-90 times are better in the six.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah but runnin against a 99-04 gt is different story. Not to long I got lined against one in a mall parking lot <(dont ask) as well as my friend in his 04 v6 convert. (stock, auto). We ran up to about 75-80 and he had me by just over a car length mayby 1 1/4 and I hooked up good in first and had good shifts. As for my friend, he was just a spectator as I had him by 2-3 car lengths. I dont know what the gt had done to it; but it did not sound like a factory exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.