Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a 00' 3.8l Manual that has a cut in the exhaust just after the cat on the passenger side. I swapped my engine back in march and it has run great since then, All I had was a code for insufficient EGR Flow. But all of the sudden when I take off it starts going really rough and groggy, then has a burst of speed after it hits around 2500RPM's. It's will run fine in every gear except first and in low rpm's. I had it scanned again and the EGR Code is gone, but now there is a code for bank 1 too lean. I didn't fix my exhaust, So I don't know how this happened. Does anyone know what's wrong and how this happened? I was thinking my clutch, but I just put a stage 2 clutch in and it only has around 10,000 miles on it. Any help will be appreciated. Also my clutch doesn't engage until it is almost fully released, I don't know if this is in every mustang, but mine has done it since I bought in in 07', through an engine swap and a replacment clutch.

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
Just wondering how a bad clutch is going to affect the low RPM power output? Seems to me that a slipping clutch slips worse has the power goes up.

Try this quick trick. On a empty parking lot, set the parking brake. Rev the motor to say 2,500 RPM and dump the clutch in 3rd gear. If the motor dies, then the clutch is holding. If the motor continues to run, then the clutch is shot.

FWIIW, the lean code is most likely an exhaust leak before the O2 sensors or a vacuum leak. If it affects only one bank, focus on the exhaust first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts