Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I figured out my clutch is not slipping but I still haven't fixed my car. It still lurches when driving down a street. I cruise and the rpms r at about 1300 and it will buck like I didn't give it enough gas or something, lose power, and then go backk to normal. Has anyone had any problems like this? It also does it sometimes when I let the clutch out but I know how to drive stick so I kno I'm doin it right. But the idle is ****** up right now and sometimes stalls at idle and my rpms hang a lot too when i push the gas. What could this be?

·
Registered
806 Posts
So I figured out my clutch is not slipping but I still haven't fixed my car. It still lurches when driving down a street. I cruise and the rpms r at about 1300 and it will buck like I didn't give it enough gas or something, lose power, and then go backk to normal. Has anyone had any problems like this? It also does it sometimes when I let the clutch out but I know how to drive stick so I kno I'm doin it right. But the idle is ****** up right now and sometimes stalls at idle and my rpms hang a lot too when i push the gas. What could this be?
could be something as simple as a fuel filter or an IAC valve

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
i say give that thing a much needed tune up.

·
Registered
146 Posts
tps Maybe?

Mine did this and it was a throttle position sensor. but i had a check engine light come on and had computer code. It did the exact same thing you described hope this helps:winks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank u guys so much! I was thinkin throttle position sensor. I will def b cleanin the iac and testin the throttle position sensor to see if its bad. If nothin improves ill prob jus replace the sensors no biggie. I already gave it a full tuneup a couple months ago so I'm prettie sure I'm good on that. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Mine jerks a bit if I run it below 1500 rpm, but nothing too bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts