Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched all over this forum and found some great tips but no straight answer so please help me.
My 2001 v6 stang has 108k on the clock and when in neutral the engine has started to rev all by itself. It happens all the time and is all over the tach range. Sometimes its just a high idle (around 2k rpm) and other times the only thing I can do to keep it from redlining is to pick a gear and let out the clutch. When in gear it runs just fine. I'm thinking fuel pressure reg or the injectors themselves but I wanted to ask for advice first.
Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have actually started to notice this on my 02 v6...I only have about 53k miles. I have also have the same issue with having to put it in gear. I am also curious about this one.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
IAC, TPS, or clean your mass air sensor. Those could all be culprits. Also, if your throttle body is sticking, it can do that too. You can take off your TB and clean in. 5 minute job, they get gunked up too. Make sure there is no buildup where the butterfly closes......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS SHINERSTANG. Picked up a $25 TPS and everything is smooth. Since no idiot lights came on i'd just been throwing parts at it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
794 Posts
what is tps?? ive had my car for a while it has 80 on it and maybe 2 0r 3 time it has wanted to stay at around 2grand is mine doing the same thing or do these cars have like an eletronic choke or something???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.