Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to scrap my idea on rims/tires and get some LT kooks, O/R x pipe and some borla muffs. The things is, I'm confused (for lack of a better word) about the size I should get. I'm reading mixed reviews on the size of the primaries/collector. The 01 cobra is stock right now, but she needs to breathe better lol. Recommendations? Personal experience? What are you running on your SVT?

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
yeah, nice but expensive....I have BBK, you'll need 02 sensor extenders...note, a real pita to install and if you ever need a new clutch they get to come off again

·
Registered
299 Posts
im running mac longtubes o/r h sounds good to me... im not so much of a fan of x pipes bc of the raspyness.... kooks are 1500 while the ones i got were 500.... But the ceramic on the kooks are much bettter

·
Registered
299 Posts
plus with that extra 1k saved u can use for installation or save for other parts

·
Banned
1,352 Posts
yeah, nice but expensive....I have BBK, you'll need 02 sensor extenders...note, a real pita to install and if you ever need a new clutch they get to come off again
turn o2 sensors off with a handheld but if you dont have one then yea the o2 extenders are a pita

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
not the extenders, they are easy, I meant the headers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not too worried about the price. (Thanks income tax return lol) But the thing I'm wondering about is what size I should go with. There is a 1 3/4 primary and 3" at the collector or a 1 5/8" primary and 2 1/2" at the collector. How do the different sizes effect the performance?

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
bigger is not better, go with the smaller of the two

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yeahh smaller would be better no doubt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts