Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have an 01 cobra that I want to supercharge. My main question is would it be easier for me to just rebuild my engine with forged internals and cams then get the 2.2 L kenne bell supercharger or would it be better to buy a 03/04 terminator engine and tranny as a drop in. The only reason why I am leaning towards dropping in amother engine is because I would I have a bigger variety in blowers to swap for more power. Theres only one blower for the 01 cobra that I've found and that is the 2.2 kenne bell. what is your guys' opinion on this? I'm looking to put around 500 to the wheels but if I want more I'd like to be able to put a Bigger blower. Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
679 Posts
If your bottom end is built it can be build stronger then the 03/04 cobra motor but for a 500hp build eatherway is fine. If u can do the work then building a motor will be cheaper. As for supercharger 01 cobra can use any supercharger the 03/04 cobra can. U will need to change a few supporting parts but u can use the same parts as the 03/04

1 - 2 of 2 Posts