Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I guess i'm doing really well with my car, I have an 01 GT with mac prochamber, mac cai, mac underdrives, and flowmaster 40 series muffs. My friend who sold me some wonderful stuff off his 04 GT when he traded for an 05 raced lastnight. Needless to say i spanked him 3 times in a row, and i figured he didnt know how to drive it, so i drove his and he drove mine, once again my car wins by a landslide, are these cars(05) really coming with 300 horses, or is that a bunch of horse!$%&?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I dont know but i saw this guy run his 05 GT vs my friends 04 Hyundai Tiburon Supercharged.(245WHP) and my buddy ran a 14.1 and the GT ran 14.5, the guy said he just got it so he wasnt to used to it. I am not sure if that was true or now. I have heard the new GTs should run like 13.5-13.8 i am not sure if those numbers are correct. I also heard that the new mustangs have something that wont let you go as fast as you should really be going again not sure if this is true. id like to know also, cuz i pulled on a 05 up to 70 when i let go about 3 weeks back

·
Registered
249 Posts
I drove my bosses 05 GT and it didn't feel as snappy as my 03 GT, but then again I do have a few mods that probably give me more torque....I also drive mine like I stole it! ha ha

·
Registered
436 Posts
i hear that the new Spanish Oak processor that replaced the EEC is very restrictive....this is why u have to get a tune after you mod those new '05 stangs.....i've read that adding a CAI can really mess things up.....either way, it outpowers the 99-04's and is supposed to handle much better....

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
I raced a light blue 05 stick ,and I had little more then a foot on him until 70 ,then he slowly pulled about a 1/4 car to 100!
I really was not that impressed:shrug !
We only got to go once, and he told me pretty good run! and that was that!

M

·
0 Posts
They aren't that fast from the factory. But once you put on a few bolts on's then tune it with the bolt on's it's suppose to haul. But like someone stated earlier that if you don't tune it with the bolt on's, the computer won't like it. It can cause problems.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
I saw a guy do nothing but put a CAI on his 05 GT and his A/F ratio went all the way to 15:1 before he had it tuned.

BTW Matt, how ya been?

M

·
0 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
I saw a guy do nothing but put a CAI on his 05 GT and his A/F ratio went all the way to 15:1 before he had it tuned.

BTW Matt, how ya been?
I'm alright... Been busy lately. I haven't really had time for much. I'm going back to school in a week. That means even less time.

M

·
0 Posts
Mana4Real said:
They aren't that fast from the factory. But once you put on a few bolts on's then tune it with the bolt on's it's suppose to haul. But like someone stated earlier that if you don't tune it with the bolt on's, the computer won't like it. It can cause problems.
Yeah thats what i heard. Almost every bolt on that involves airflow has to be retuned for it to run right. So before u start modding u have to get an Xcal2 or something so u can adjust the tunes easy. But yes when tuned right they respond to the bolt ons alot better then are 2vs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.